Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamarenea

ever heard of Sans 'twist' ???

MamaRenea
20 years ago

I'm in LOVE with this plant!! Not sure about the latin name for it.....but, the leaves look like you held it from the top & twisted, and it stayed that way!!!

Anybody have info on this guy??

Comments (7)

• Cena
    20 years ago

Would that be 'Twisted Sister'? (I have seen this recently!)

SANSEVIERIA TRIFASCIATA [FUTURA] TWISTED SISTER
    I was thinking GHWs had a photo, but not. Check out their goods anyway.
    http://www.glasshouseworks.com/succ-s.html

• Cena
    20 years ago

Mama, I tracked this down to where I had seen pictures... I think most of the 'Futura' hybrids have a spiral tendancy. A very attractive plant. Access the link, click on S for Sansevieria, and look up 'Twisted Sister'.

http://home.enter.vg/mysuccs/index.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo site for Succulents

• Patris
    20 years ago

Cena,

Thanks for the link. I have never seen this one before, what a beauty!!!!!

• MamaRenea
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Oh yes, that's her!!! I'm trying to acquire one as we speak. I love plants with a "funkyness" to them :) It seems to stay on the smallish side (18 inches, tall & wide).

Thanks for the help!!

• pirate_girl
    20 years ago

Hey Cena,

I was gonna get on ya abt showing me another 'must have' Sans., but am having trouble w/ that site. Am able to get into the Sans. aea & w/in that the listed varieties & their corresponding pix, but pls., where in there are you going to 'look up' Twisted Sister. Got a feeling I gotta see this one!

Then again Cena, I recall recently you were lusting after some Ludisia (Jewel Orchid), right after we met at Norma's. If you haven't found any yet & you have a twisted Sans. w/ a leaf you can spare, might we pls. talk swap?

Listen to me, I haven't even seen the damn this yet, am drooling already, I can just feel it's gonna be one of those, sigh!!

Karen

• Cena
    20 years ago

Karen, if I had this plant, I would have posted a picture of mine, not linked someone else's! And thank you for remembering, I did track down an excellent Ludisia shortly after.

It can be an interesting site to nagivate. The screen is really split into three, not equal in size parts. The list on your left is in species names, click there to start. Then the top section of the right side will show plant names and hi-lite as you move your cursor over them. Click there for picture & culture of that individual plant.

If that doesn't work, you might have to make a trip to the library...

Here is a link that might be useful: Trond Gimre's My Succulent site

• pirate_girl
    20 years ago

Thx for trying Cena. I had figured out what you've explained abt starting 1st w/ species on left, then clicking on top for individuals varieties. It's just that I saw no listing for Twisted Sister -- I SO want to see this plant!

(Sorry for typos in my last post - going too fast).

Glad you got a Ludisia, I've got a large one & a tiny one. They always make me feel like an 8 yr. old little girl, that they're magic princess plants what w/ their green velvet leaves, flecked w/ gold & pink. One of the prettiest leaves I've seen. I even saw one at an orchid show flecked w/ red veins instead of pink -- a beauty!!