Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting plants from Thailand

Posted by norma_2006 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 0:13

I just received my first plant from Thailand. They have their collection # even. It really that expensive, the mailing cost as much as the plant, but it need special mailing because of our weather, it came in perfect condition and this one was very large. It had been inspected with Thailand Agrig. Dept. and had a phyto certi- ficicate so our customs approved. This was an African plant that had Lav. collection numbers. I was just thrilled. I really took a chance, but I just had to see if I would receive it at all. Very thick leaves different, and beautiful, I put it in warm water for several hours and the roots plumped up. Yes they like warm water, and I put on the heated in my little green house tonight. I certainly will be ordering from the man again, I cannot give you his name because I will be kicked off this forum for advertising. I hope this information helps the rest of you. Regards to all, Norma

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting plants from Thailand

Norma,

That's great that you were able to do that - I'm sure I speak for all of us that it would be a pleasure to see it.

Just an FYI - it's not advertising when you compliment a grower's product. I think you're confusing that with selling plants. The two are different - I'll sing Miles2Go's praises all day here (and have) - that's not a problem. It is a problem if I'm advertising my plants here for sale.

o

Yes, Norma,

I DO think Jeff's right about that; sharing feedback about our experiences about vendors we've used isn't advertising. Rather it's a referral (or not).

o

Boy I glad you straighten that out. I was guilty myself. Norma are you going to show us a picture? It's good for record keeping also. I now take a picture of my plants when i get them and just months later i can see how much they grown.
Your Friend Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here