Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodnative

Changes in Sans prices and people

woodnative
9 years ago

A littIe remiscing.....I got into Sans a few years back by chance. I did not realize there were so many cultivars of trifasciata and even other species around. I got a couple in a trade and I was hooked! At about the same time Sansevieria went through a surge of popularity. Prices were skyrocketing, especially on ebay. Some items like variegated masoniana were apparently going for 10s of dollars shortly before were going up to 100s of dollars. Anything sold by Juan Chahinian on ebay was going for insanely high prices. Variegated pinguiculas of his were going up around 2+ k each! This year the price seems to have plummeted back to "normal" again. Many items previously coveted have dropped considerably in price.
At the time I started into Sans I met some great people. ML is still around and active here......he is a great person and helped start me out. His brother is into Sans too. A friend I met online into Sans, Hans of Pennsylvania, also shared another hobby of mine....fancy pigeons!! We also seemed to have a lot of other common interests. He unfortunately passed away before I could meet him in person. Russ H of Florida was very active here. He also is a great person that helped me get into Sans although other obligations have made him less active on the forums. When I first started I also met Joe DeRosa, who lives right near me!! He has some great older posts on this forum that are still worth re-reading! Unfortunately he got fed up with some forum politics and I lost contact with him. He had (has?) some great Sans. Norma has always been a regular poster on this and other Sans forum but I don't see her lately. Hope you are ok Norma. Hermine Stover posts occasionally. I love her sense of humor (see her online Sans book for good humor and good Sans information!). Tried to set up a trade with her once but she never got back to me. There have also been other longtime occasional regular posters like Pirate Girl and others whom it is good to see. Although some have gone it has been also good to meet new friends and enthusiasts here......Stush of course! Barb (bmock) etc. etc. New folks like "Vivaria' and others hope to see around in the future too. I am missing some folks but you are included. So, let's see what the next 10 years brings and enjoy your Sans (and don't forget to post too!).

Comments (2)