Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you want these Sans?

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 9:42

There's still some of these that won't fit in my house for winter, so their lives are in danger. They are too tall to send without trimming leaves, but I will include the tips for your fun in propagating them too. Available for postage, in USA. Please send me a PM if interested.

Also have plenty of Callisia fragrans, happy to send both.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you want these Sans?

I wish my trifasciata looked as good. What a shame. Next year I am going to do the same. Replant mine outdoors and bring in the best, leave the rest. I hope some one calls you.
Stush

o

Yes, the 'white' leaves are all new pups since being unleashed in the wilds of flower beds. Many other plants I put in the ground for a summer vacation suffered various maladies from being eaten above and below ground, killed by floods, trampled by dogs, but Sans were fine and unaffected. Not that something bad is impossible, but I'm a huge fan of it. The one caveat I've discovered is to not put them where leaves are going to fall on them. Sans catch pecan and oak leaves (and probably many others) and they stay there unless/until I remove them. Doesn't seem to bother the plants but I don't like looking at that so won't put them near the roof anymore.

I've sent several boxes stuffed full of them to new homes, so overall this was a HUGE success. There were other types besides plain species S. trifasciata but the overflow of the other types is gone. There were so many of this one to start with, some still here. I'd hate to see any killed that somebody might want, so one last post about it. My curiosity about these is pretty much satisfied, so only keeping a much smaller mass this winter.

o

Handsome plants there, especially nice in contrast to the purple (Setcresea?) Wish I had a yard to give 'em.

o

Thanks, PG! I'm sure you already have this kind. That purple stuff has been renamed Tradescantia (pallida,) but used to be Setcreasea, so yeah. And of course I agree - a little purple goes with anything! The messy looking stuff to the left is Gladiolus leaves. At the right edge are Canna leaves.

o

These are officially gone until next year. Good luck everyone who got some!

o

Hi Purple. Can you please tell me what soil type were those growing in?

o

Sunshine, just regular yard dirt, where there was grass until last spring. I put leaves over it as mulch, and grass from the mower bag a few times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here