Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
some new friends came home with me last night

Posted by grabmebymyhandle 6 kentucky%21 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 10:58

Just got these little beauties yesterday, they had been decimated by several large underpotted euphorbs that had flipped over and sprangled over the whole area.

It took some blood and battling but i unearthed them! a few leaves are smashed up but i guess they will make nice cutting soon, otherwise none the worse for wear.

i wouldnt mind hearing your all thought on varieties, the both are about full grown judging by the way the mother plants looked, likely hahns but i dunno, i really like the heavily varigated clones, the darker ones nice too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some new friends came home with me last night

Sorry, I can't see your picture. Could you try again, please?

o

Looks like you forgot to add the pic, pls, do try again.

o

grab me by the handle, Another nebe, welcome. and yes we need a picture. You got our interest up.

o

i am so smart!

o

i am so smart!

o

grabmebymyhandle,
Great find! Now all I need to do is find one of those 'Golden Hahnii' Sans myself...

Planto

o

seems like everone is coming up with the Golden Hahnii. I can't find any here. I am lucky with most others. Dang, dang, dang, Planto, if I find some or mine suddenly starts to pup, I send you one but don't hold your breath.
GMBTH,
Nice find. one doesn't look like a sans. unless it's not a trifasciata. The dark one. The others are Sans. tri. hahnii 'Golden Hahnii' and Sans. tri. hahnii 'Jade Margenated'.
Stush

o

yea, stush, the dark one wasnt spose to get in the pic, i forget its name, its a haworthia or haworthia gasteria cross, i forget.

The sans didnt quite look like the photos i see of for the golden hahn, but then i look at my pic and it doesnt look quite the same as real life.
I guess maybe i just got extra lucky and they are select clones, they have alot more banding and what not than the pics i see. I was thinking maybe it was something else.

It must not be as vigorous as others with the lack of chlorophly , the jade margenated had filled their 8" pots, these golden ones only had 2 good heads and a small pup.
hope they do good, you guys clearly know the way if im having trouble finding it.

o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Star-Birdsnest-Snake-Plant-Sanseveria-Impossible-to-kill-4-Pot-/290757672038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b281fc66

It looks more like this photo, though ive never heard of this variety...gold star...sounds like a real variety to me. I dunno this is why i posted, i need to be set straight : D

what ever it is, ill be happy to share some if it, i do enjoy it, neat, tidy, and beautifully marked, but i really want some big sans varieties! Mason congo, fisheri, stuckyi, i really dont know what others get monsterous in time, but that what im shootin for next.
Im not sure but i fear its too late this year to do any mailing to the north tho, there always next spring tho. hopefully by then we all have some lovely new sans to swap around.
Ive been poking around and all the links i find to cultural practices with golden hahnii lead me back here...

o

grabmebymyhandle,
The link you provided is a 'Golden Hahnii' improperly labeled as Gold Star (ebay is notorious for mislabeling).

Stush,
Oh, even better, one of your Golden Hahnii Sans. I won't hold my breath though, I do remember you mentioning you can't get yours to pup. But when the day comes. :)

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here