Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too much sun?

Posted by ShantiEllis South FL (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 12:55

I can't imagine what else would be the issue. Soil here is usually a little sandy. Either too much sun or overcrowding? Would appreciate any ideas. This is my second try at growing these guys. First time was a different location only a mile away. Same type of setup. Same result:-(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too much sun?

Doesn't look like sunburn to me, which would manifest much more evenly over entire leaves. Damage originating far down the sides, or in the middle of leaves indicates possible grazing by some kind of plant muncher.

Sans leaves take a long time for damage to manifest, so often the cause is mysterious. Whatever happened, it was a while ago. I would remove the damaged parts so I could tell if new damage is occurring. Could it have been mechanical damage when the plants were put there? When did you start to notice damage? How long have these plants been in this spot?

Do you have a closer pic of some damaged leaves you could add?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here