Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Ebay Sans I purchased

Looking it over for days, I deceided to take a chance and buy two. The two larger ones, (mother plants) were the ones I wanted. The pups almost look like 'Gold Hahnii' which is simular to the pups I am getting from 'Streaker' but the mother plants look like a hahnii varigated/streaker. The ower said it was not a 'Streaker' but some thing altogether different. Well, for $35 and free shipping I purchased the two bigger ones and theres' more at her nursery. The pups are going for $9.99 also with free shipping.
S.t. hahnii Lucille Polan comes to mine.
Stush

Comments (23)

• barbmock
    10 years ago

Very pretty! Did they give you any name for these?

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No, Barb, The owner just called them 'Sansevieria WEIRD!!!! - OUTSTANDING COLORS!!!'. No help here.
    I did contact her and she said not 'Gold Hahnii or Streaker' as if she knew what is was talking about. So I did see a 'Lucille Polan' which does have darker colors, so I don't know. Lucille Polan is not on any cult. list so I don't know if it even exists.
    The story for the nursery;
    'A handsome new selection made by the Polans from the "Golden Birdsnest Hahnii" of strong substance: A bold pewter gray central chevron separates the golden cream center of each leaf from the dark thick green margin. Very distinctive & stable. But slow growing.'
    Sort of like a hahnii 'Asahi'. Unless it grows a little larger.
    Stush

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Stush!
    These look similar to the two I purchased from someone who called
    them 'silver hahnii'. Who knows, I wanted them, not that I knew either. I think I told you I had something that looked like the golden hahnii but had silver streaks. They are still growing well with two offsets on one. The one I HAD that looked like a Lucille Poland has sadly perished due to my overly loving care. Believe it or not I found it at WM. But there was only one for me to kill.
    It was a very picky little thing.
    Enjoy your find.
    Karen

Original Author
    10 years ago

Well here it is potted up. Any or All ideas. Solar, Roberto, Norma, Hermine, Chris, Mike??? Does anyone ever heard of S.t. hahnii 'Lucille Polan'? Came from Gold Hahnii.
    Is this what yours looked like Karen?
    Stush

• Michaela
    10 years ago

Stush, I think your hahnii is correctly identified as "Hahniil Variegated". Like its big brother, Futura Variegated, pups are highly variable in color and some might even appear as 'wild' types without any variegation. The variegation is different on the front and back of the leaves. Personally, I like this Hahnii, but I like the Futura form even better,

I am adding a picture of a plant I once had identified as 'Lucille Polin'. Warning, when I was keeping Hahnii's I over watered many of them in the winter in a cool room in the house which resulted in death.

• Laura Robichaud
    10 years ago

Really nice find, Stush. :)

• Solar_Storm
    10 years ago

I believe both 'Hahnii Variegated' and 'Future Variegated" are mericlinal with a GWG leaf pattern. As Michaela says, If the variegation pattern is different on the top and bottom of a leaf, it's probably mericlinal (unstable). And Micheala's right that these two cultivars show many leaf variegation patterns, but I would say Stush's photo shows this GWG pattern, as does Michaela's.
    I see I omitted 'Lucille Polin' from my list. Juan C describes it in ISS J #5 p3 as periclinal GWG.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the infomation. For now I am going with one that looks like 'Lucille Polin'. Don't think I have the right to name it untill more information comes up.
    So far, two pups from my 'Streaker' looks simular to these and one pup getting more and more like 'Solid Gold'. I will up date picture as soon as more growth shows.
    Dale,
    If you want to try your luck back with hahnii, let me know.
    Stush

• Solar_Storm
    10 years ago

I've probably killed more trifasciata variegated plants than my total sans collection. If I'm successful at making my Jade Dwarf Marginated grow vigorously, I may take you up on you offer.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Hi Stush,
    Been awhile, working long hours again, which I guess is good for now. But this is the sans I bought from WM. I thought I had something special. Then through my loving care and overwatering I killed it, one out of a few.
    The one I purchased from ebay looked like the ones you bought. Mine was labeled 'silver hahnii'.
    Let's see if I can get both to post. I bet I can't!
    Karen

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

See, I knew I couldn't get both to post.
    Here is the 'silver hahnii' as labeled by seller.
    K

Original Author
    10 years ago

This plant is very unstable. It came from Silver Hahnii but is no longer that. Seems no two leaves are alike. Interesting to see what pups it produces. My Streaker is similar to this as it also has many leaves that are completely different. Makes it very interesting to own. I own a Silver Hahnii that is stable. Personally I really like it. Did you purchase it?

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

I purchased this from an ebay seller 'sansevieriality'. Price $5, I have purchased a few others from her. All healthy and free of pests.
    The offset on this is huge with lots of crème on the edges. Let's see if I can keep this one alive, it also is a bit on the sensitive side.
    K

Original Author
    10 years ago

I sent a measage to 'sansevieriality'. Hope she has some left.
    Thanks K,
    Stush

• eaksqueak
    10 years ago

Hey, I bought one of the pups from the original post. Small world? :)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Eaksqueak,
    Enjoy, I should have bought the pups as well, but I wanted to see the parents. They are producing pups for me.
    Karen,
    I did get ahold of 'sansevieriality' and she said she had more but when I saw the picture, it really was a 'Silver Hahnii' with none of the yellow variegation. Too bad. but that's where the fun is, looking.
    Stush

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Stush, wonder how the pups will turn out.
    The one that's forming for me has lots of creme/yellow
    Let's see how it turns out ...if I don't kill it first
    Karen

• FrugalFanny
    10 years ago

Hey Stush! Nice find! Sorry, I've been out of the loop for awhile.How's the golden hahnii doing? One of mine made a white "pup" with green edging! I was waiting for one of those!

BTW, if your golden hahnii doesn't survive winter, I should have a few more in spring, so let me know!

Best,
    FF

Original Author
    10 years ago

FF,
    Welcome back. You known I still owe you and still have your plants I promised you. Are you home for good now?
    And your plant is growing fine. It is lighter than my others. Which I like because it's different. Thanks. And that white pup may become yellow with the dark green edge. They have one like it called 'Solid Gold'. Hope that is what you have. It's rare.
    Stush

• barbmock
    10 years ago

Hi FF,

My Golden hahnii is doing just fine too. How is the Goldflame?

Barb

• FrugalFanny
    10 years ago

Hi Stush and bmock!

Glad to hear your plants are happy:) My Goldflame is beautiful! I hope it will put on some nice new growth in the summertime. I've got it in some really chunky orchid bark, which it seems to be loving!

Stush, it's fine, I know you didn't just forget. I was moving around a lot all summer, and now I'm finally settled in for awhile. When the weather warms up again (which will be a looong time), I can give you my current address and we'll talk
    :) Honestly I'm not that heartbroken about it because I was trying to slim down my collection anyway. I did pretty well, but I'll need to do some more of that come warm weather! At what point do you think everyone I know will get tired of receiving plants as gifts for every occasion? Haha.

I don't have pics to share right now, but my golden hahnii pup looks like those in the link, with even a little finer green edging. Is it true I shouldn't remove it from the parent plant because it will most likely die on its own? It doesn't seem like it would have enough chlorophyll to survive.

Ok I'll stop hacking this thread now :) Good to catch up with you guys!

Best,
    FF

Here is a link that might be useful: Sans. golden hahnii white pup

Original Author
    10 years ago

You got it. Don't remove it.

• woodnative
    10 years ago

Hi all! The omes above are hahni ' Silver Frost'. I like these variable plants!!