Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of some of my San's

Posted by lonewolf83 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 1, 13 at 14:07

So I have been into San's since about the time I joined this site. I have since then gathered a little collection. I have lost a few varieties due to weather, dogs, gophers and various other critters. Now I'm trying to start over and regain some varieties I lost. Well here are some pictures of some I placed inside an empty 10 gallon aquarium I had from my fish.

Full Tank Shot
 photo 001_zps3743d586.jpg

Golden Hahnii
 photo 003_zps6f0e65a3.jpg

'Streaker' #1
 photo 004_zps7bef6ded.jpg

'Streaker' #2
 photo 005_zps4558ccb3.jpg

'Silver Hahnii'
 photo 006_zpsd0a782da.jpg

'Hahnii Marginated'
 photo 007_zpsfa46dde7.jpg

'Bantel's Sensation' In back smaller San's in front 'Siam Silver'
 photo 008_zps3802171f.jpg

photo 009_zps26fcd571.jpg

'Sheri' in center small one to the left 'Gold Flame'
 photo 010_zps9acde6e1.jpg

'Eve'
 photo 011_zps878218c8.jpg

Reverted Back from 'Siam Silver'
 photo 012_zps24a74d71.jpg

photo 013_zpsbefc8d91.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of some of my San's

Lonewolf,
Did you cut off those small pups from the mother plant or was that the way they were given you? I would be afraid they would not have enough rhizome on them to catch on. Too small to continue to grow and stop or reverse to juvenile stage. That is very risky to do. But all said I do like the collection and in the fish tank, they do have the best environment to grow from. I have mine in a 55 gal. fish tank but I have them potted up in their own pots. As small as they could fit. Seems they like it better.
Showing below is my set-up. Highlighted is my special 'Streaker' with it's new pups. I hope they stay this way. So far so good. I will not cut off from mother plant but I will cut the largest pup from them. The original mother plant is the one on the top potted.

o

The pups were taken off of the parents. I've done this in the past with allot of success. I won't detach if there isn't much rhizome or roots.

I need to bring in my other 'Streaker' plants from outside. The yellow one I got is still out there in serious need of a good watering. I do got a 135 gallon aquarium I should be able to use later on down the road once I sell off most of my fish. I actually got 2 of these aquariums but need to sell off one of them. Room isn't big enough for both of them. I can setup a 5 gallon for my 'Streaker' plants though so I can bring them inside.

Does your aquarium have a lid on it or is it opened on top? Mine is partially open.

o

Mine is mostly open. Just the 4 ft. shop light. Using two T-8 bulbs (daylite). Light is on about 15 hours a day and the pups are growing fast in this hi light condition. Temp is around 70 degrees. I was thinking of having a small candle in a jar under the tank. About 2 ft. below to increase the heat. Of course lite only while I'm there.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here