Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spider plant

Posted by anna3 z7 OKLA (anna3@duracom.net) on
Sun, Oct 12, 03 at 17:59

Hi, I have the solid green spider plant and have no problems with it. But I got a baby striped one from a friend and it isnt doing very good. I have my solid ones in the bathroom so I asumed it would do good in there too. any sujestions.?? Thank you.. Anna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spider plant

• Posted by Cena S CA 10A (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 13, 03 at 1:51

Anna, I suggest that you try at the HousePlants forum. You have wandered into the MotherInLaws/Snake Plant posting place. GardenWeb has about 400 different posting places, you name the subject, it's probably here! We only deal with this one type of plant. Your new spider should do just fine with the same treatment. Perhaps it just needs a bit extra water or humidity.

I do know that the HousePlants people grow all types of houseplants and are not limited to a specific color type or species.

Good luck with your babies!

o
RE: spider plant

I think you post this on the houseplant forum for more advice,But I think your problem could ne lack of light. The variegated(sp?) type need more light so the light in the bathroom may not be enough. In general I find the striped kind are a little more finicky than the soiid green. Try a sunnier location and post back and let us know what happens.HTH
Grace

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here