Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When Requesting an ID

Posted by solar_storm 24 CA (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 18:05

I'm certainly not the moderator here and I like group groups, but I suggest that if you want an ID, that you post photos of one plant at a time. And as much info about it as possible, like where you got it and measurements for mature specimens. It would make commenting so much easier. Thxs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When Requesting an ID

Solar,
Well said. Also Norma gave more request for ID'ing a plant. And even all that there's only a guess no guarantee.
I do understand most people getting their plants from an unknown source needs a clue as to what they bought. When It's just in the hobby and not breeders or nursery men, what's the harm. Yea, still some but ......
Hard answer.
Stush

o

Sorry but did I miss something Stush: don't get what this means, could you please clarify?

"Also Norma gave more request for ID'ing a plant."

o

Correction & Clarifications. In my original post I meant to say "group photos" not "group groups". By "source" we mean what store or business or friend. And from past experience on forums, I'm sure Norma's advice was that IDing a plant from a photo is risky business. Only a few species and cultivars are obvious, like 'Bantel's Sensation'. I agree with her.

o

I agree also, well said Solar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here