17 years ago

Want to fathom a guess?

{{gwi:1257063}}

{{gwi:1257064}}

Comments (13)

• jover
    17 years ago

Hi, I will give it a guess.
    I have a Sansevieria robusta with the same flower only the shape of the fan is a little different.
    It comes also close to an ehrenbergii.
    Would be nice to compare them.

Do you have collectinggdata of this one?

Saludos Herman

• gonzer_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No data available Herman. It was included in a group of plants given to me years ago. Sorry :-(. I can say it is without a doubt, my slowest growing Sans.

• jover
    17 years ago

Look in my fotoalbum were I have some fotos of the S. robusta so you can compare yourself.

In the part Sans. others there are some fotos of S. stuckyi.

If you have a piece of leaf spare I would be interested to compare them with mine and to see how the new shoots grows in 2 or 3 year time.
    Maybe I can sent you something in exchange?

Saludos Herman

Here is a link that might be useful: Fotoalbum with fe S. robusta

• rhodostom
    17 years ago

Gonzer,

You have there another beautifully grown sans!!

It is definitely a robusta or ehrenbergii, but I cannot tell which. I'm leaning towards robusta.

-rhodo

• foxwichya
    17 years ago

I will give it a guess if you can find info on it. It is not in the splendid book either. Sans. lav.23119. i talked with a few and thats all they say thats its hard to find info on it. With that bloom and shape its none of the guesses yet but it does resemble robusta in the shape. A true ehrenbergii leaves are twice the size in thickness. I see alot of people on the web calling robusta ehrenbergii.

• dufflebag2002
    17 years ago

I would say because of fan shape, the inflorescence, the white border of the leaves at the bottom, S. Rorida.
    Where did you get the plant, this will make a difference. The Huntington sent out S.rorida, but labeled it S. ehrengergii. What color are the flowers?

• gonzer_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Duffle, it came from Grigsby's a few years back. The flowers should open this week for a peek at their color. Stay tuned.

• foxwichya
    17 years ago

My guess also came from Grigsby's years ago.

• norma_2006
    17 years ago

And I'm guessing S.ehrenbergii, and would you believe it has changed nominclature. It may have changed to S. robusta the expert (Juan Chahinian) states that the jury is out on this change. Norma

• norma_2006
    17 years ago

I am now voting for S. ehrenbergii.
    S, robusta and ehrenbergii are ofen confused but with that panicle of flowers it does match the description. But a much better examination would be needed to make an accurate decision. Norma

• gonzer_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, here's the unopened flowers for now.
    {{gwi:1257065}}

• gonzer_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Checked out Grigsby's and their flowering specimens, it is robusta.

• norma_2006
    17 years ago

Keep your labels, then you can always go back to the nursery where you purchased the plant. Another suggestion put the numbers it came with on the very bottom of the label, so if you break the label off not all is lost, and with this species I would also put a label in the bottom of the pot. Some children quiet young pulled all of her label out to help her make the place clean, they were all under 5 years old. They were only helping. Make sure you write them in #2 lead extra soft pencil. Norma

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner