Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Try again to post a picture

Posted by Stush2049 none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 4, 11 at 20:31

Trying again, hope it works;
Picture of my tall Sanserivia. I had two of them for over 40 years in same pot.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Try again to post a picture

It works. I've never seen Sans in cages before, but you're wise to keep those beasts at bay. Those are some big plants.

o

It didn't come up for me. Norma

o

I was messing around in photo bucket and dumped it. I did repost it. see below.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Also the one in the middle (Silver) broke off a large section that I planted up. Another post. Any way if you click on a picture it sends you to my PhotoBucket page. There you could view all my photos.

o

Hi Stush,
Enjoyed your pics on Photobucket.
Loved the use of tomato cages around plants. I tried that this year on my Amaryllis plants. (Hippeastrum)

Good growing,
Elsie

o

Stush,

Way to go.

Elsie,

I've got to try something like that on the peonies next year - they flop with their heavy flowers more than a Serie A player .

o

Hi cactusmcharris,
The cages work great on the Amaryllis. The leaves are so long that sometimes the weight causes them to break off. The tomato cages prevent that from happening.
Hope they also work for your plants.

Elsie

Elsie

o

To all, I have been using tomato cages for years now on everything but tomatos. They do work great on peonies. I use the largest one available for them. I also cut off the bottom half and use the top for the Peonies and use the rest for other plants of all kind. Glad i was able to help.
Stush

o

Out of curiosity, do you get droopy leaves on your sansevierias? The Laurentii group (after they are established) usually support their own leaves upright). The tomato cages are an ingenious way to naturally hold up the leaves without tying them to a stake.
I have just tied them to a bamboo stake and after it reestablishes itself, the roots hold the leaves in place.

o

RFG, I must admit that I need the support for my tall Sans due to the fact that they get old (40 yrs.) and start to droop. Just like us we need support when we get older. Also they are overcrowded and in half the year in poor light. Just no place to overwinter them. Not all of the talls are that old just 2 pots of them. Anyway I found them to be easy to transport and store while in there cages. I recently took the cage off my Silver Laurentii and a big section fell over, which I later cut off and repotted up.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here