Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Trifasciata "compact" = "Futura" = "Future" Cultivars

Posted by solar_storm 24 CA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 21:26

Here's a list of the compact trifasciata cultivars. Here "compact" = "Futura" = "Future". I suppose everyone knows that E. B. Chahinian decided to recify the Latin names on many of these cultivars, but there are a few old names that are apparently grandfathered, so be prepared to make changes to this list if you save it.
CULTIVAR CLINICITY LEAF COMMENTS
`Black Futura' Periclinal GGG Descends from Bantel's Sensation
'Bogor' Periclinal GWG White, no yellow
`Eve' Periclinal GGG leaf pattern opp of Whitney
'Future' (futura) Periclinal WGG
'Future Gilt Edge' Periclinal WGG
'Future Gold Periclinal WWG Formerly 'Futura Aura'
'Future Hendrika' Periclinal WWG
'Future Simplex' Periclinal WGG tetraploide margins
'Future Striolated' Periclinal WGW
'Future Variegated' Mericlinal GWG
'Futura Wonder' Mericlinal GWG
'Gold Flame' Mericlinal WWG tetraploide entire plant
'Green Lace' Mericlinal GWG
'Henny's Gold' Periclinal GWG
'Midnight Shine' Periclinal WGG
'Midnight' Periclinal xxx
'Moonshine' Periclinal GWG
'Moonshine Reversion' Periclinal GGG
'Morgensterns Future Gold' Periclinal GWW
'Nelsoni' Periclinal GWG
'Nero'
'Robust' (Robusta) Mericlinal GGG
'Twisted Sister' Periclinal WGG tetraploide margins
'Whitney' Periclinal x aka Diamond Flame

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Trifasciata "compact" = "Futura" = "Future" Cultivars

Thanks for Your very useful list (just copied in my archives!). One doubt : I have some cv that always reproduce “true” from leaf cuttings , those are : hahnii ‘jade’, trif.’Grey Lady’, trif ‘Slimmerette’, futura ‘Midnight’ (the one without yellow margin, I mean). More : some cv , not variegated , but of different growth or leaf size (i.e. ‘Okeechobee’, ‘hahnii’) do the same. Shouldn’t they all turn back to the ancestral form? Are they ‘true’ chimeras? Or is there any chromosomic defect ?

o
RE: The Trifasciata "compact" = "Futura" = "Future" Cultivars

Hi Roberto. Thanks for the leaf info. I don't know why some chimera leaf cuttings revert or why the pups of some revert. Nor have I started to collect that data. These would make two excellent additional columns to the lists I have posted. As you noted my lists only address leaf variegation, although I've included a little info on parentage and polyploidy.
I've never seen a good explanation of why these trifasciata cultivars differ in leaf length.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here