Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cena_gw

Another 'Do you know who I am'?

Cena
19 years ago

This is a recently aquired plant. The nursery had treated it pretty rough, with overwatering and rampant snails and slugs. They wouldn't discount a half full pot either, so I ended up with this one, the best of the lot.

If you look at my Moonshine picture, you can see this one also sitting in the background.

Do you know for sure what this might be? I am leaning towards 'Silver Hahnii Variagated'.

{{gwi:1257278}}

Comments (10)

• tootswisc
    19 years ago

Cena, look in the gallery on the second page. I posted a picture of my plant that looks alot like yours. You responded to it. Read the last post-maybe it's a leaf cutting. Diane

• Cena
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Diane, this plant has no cream or yellow around the margins at all. Pretty much green through and through.

You can see darker green margins on the new growth. One of the striking things about this plant is the lack of striation in the leaves themselves. Hahniis I'm used to the horizontal markings. This one has the barest hints of them.

Thanks, Diane.

• Terra6
    19 years ago

Wow what a great looking plant, sorry can't help you with the name though. Good luck

• tootswisc
    19 years ago

I posted another picture in the gallery of my plant for comparison. It is way different but also similiar.

• AgaveMuse
    19 years ago

Hey! What is that plant in the bottom right? I love it. I saw it at a nursery in a bowl with other stuff I didn't want so I didn't get it.

• rjm710
    19 years ago

The plant on the lower right is an Aloe, possibly A. melanacantha. I spy 4 other Aloes in the picture, also. Very nice!

• Cena
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Good eyes! There are actually five there. I don't think that one is named, but I fell in love with one I saw at the local C&S show. I had thought this one was dead. The whole center rotted out of this aloe, it came back very slowly. As it ages, the spines/spikes/bumps turn black. An older, larger specimen is awesome to behold!

• kaleanna
    19 years ago

Cena,

It is the sansevieria silver hahnii. I have both the moonshine and the silver hahnii. And they are sitting side by side on the shelf. You can tell the difference between the sans moonshine and the sans silver hahnii

HTH

Meesh

• palmfan
    19 years ago

Dear Meesh,

Is there a 'Moonshine' Hahni type, or do you have a "regular" 'Moonshine' sans plant? Can you post a photo of your plants?
    Thanks,
    Jim

• kaleanna
    19 years ago

hi Jim

I dont know if there is a moonshine hahnii sans. the moonshine one i have when it grows up will be the regular one. right now it is still a small plant and that is why it is sitting near the silver hahnii one. Cena's one in question has the same coloring as my silver hahnii sans and so that is why i said that it IS the silver hahnii.

i do have a picture or two of them but i have to locate the pic(s). i will see if i can get it posted within the next few days.

Sincerely

Meesh