Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

Some Sansevieria pics.....

Hey, folks!

I know that these are common varieties, but I tend to take pics when I visit nurseries.

I only have one Sansevieria myself, a 'Bantel's Sensation' (like the narrow variety in the first image).

Anyhow, I thought you might enjoy perusing them....

Josh

Comments (14)

• norma_2006
    12 years ago

I actually recognized two of them, what is the dark leaf one up in front. Is that a Sansevieria? Norma

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think the dark leafed plant is called a Dyckia.

Josh

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    12 years ago

Josh, are those Sansevieria Trifasciata Black Futura 'Goldedge' in the above picture on either side of the one Norma asked you about? And the silver leafed one in the center??
    Stush

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey, Stush, I'm not sure!
    I'll check the labels next time I'm in town.

Josh

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    12 years ago

To all, There is no common plants, just common people. What some call common, I say 'Where'. Even my Sansevieria Trifasciata i love. I see them for sale cheap and still stare and look them over. I'm hooked. BTW Josh, thanks for sharing.
    Stush

Original Author
    12 years ago

Of course I meant common as in 'commonly available' and often seen.
    I was hoping to head off anyone who might drop in just to say that these varieties are common.
    Regardless, I think they have a nice structural look.

Josh

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Some of those snootier folks seem to be away from here of late.

Those of us who love Sans (I think I can say) got the message that you meant these are fairly commonly available, but lovely all the same.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Indeed! Thanks, Karen!

Josh

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Sure thing Josh,

I've been looking around these recent threads to find where you asked me about the plant rescues I'd mentioned in another post. You'd asked if they're large & I'd meant to answer, No, really they're not large. I can't allow that as I live in an apartment (not a house, no outdoors to give them). I save the larger rescues for Sans. (not Euph) I've got some lovely tall & very slender ones I've got to post pix of, they're taller than the length of forearms.

(a while later I realize it was a Euph milii discussion).

Anyway, I hope to share more pix of the rescues, tall slender & green & darker green banding, handsome & elegant.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Howdy!
    Yes, it was the Euphorbia discussion.
    I do hope you'll share pics of all, Euph. and Sans. alike :-)

Josh

• hijole
    12 years ago

Josh,
    Going through some of the older threads I noticed that you have a pic of our famous Sans. Bantel's sensation. Nice... Not sure if you know or not but the sans. In the 1st pic in the front left side kind of like a pale green, do you know the name of that spieces ?

Boy are these posts moving slowly lately or is it just me, I noticed someone posted saying, where is everybody ?

Greg

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey, Greg!

That 'Bantel's Sensation' is a nice one, isn't it?

I can't recall the variety off the top o' my head....but the pale Sans. *could* be Silver Queen...?
    Or moonshine? I really don't know.

This Forum is always slow...but especially at this time of year. If you want to see slow,
    check out the Balcony Gardening Forum....you'll have a whole new appreciation for the
    pace of the Sansevieria Forum.

Josh

• hijole
    12 years ago

Hey Josh I've seen those sans. before at the store had it in my hand and then placed it back never even looking at the name of it, but that will be one of my next purchases for sure.
    Hey I just read that we might need some special eagle powers to pull this contest off, I didn't realize how tuff this was going to be did you?
    Your still in right?

Your not kidding this site moves slow I was starting to think everyone retired.

Greg

Original Author
    12 years ago

As the weather improves, the pace'll pick up for sure.

I'm all in. If I fail, it won't be the first plant I haven't been able to root.

Josh