Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sansevieria roots

Posted by Abehjha New York (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 23, 11 at 15:29

Hello everyone. I've included a link for a few photos of a Sansevieria because I'm curious about the roots. I've had this plant for more that a year and although it's grown a little, I would think I'd see a bunch of long roots. In one of the photos you'll notice some soggy, water damage near the bottom of the plant's leaf.
Do these look like normal Sans roots?

http://web.me.com/ngongo/Sansevieria_Trafasciata/Photos.html

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sansevieria roots

Maybe it's just me, but i tried your link and nothing. Can't help you.

o

The link worked OK for me.

Hard to tell if the roots are normal w/ all that soil still mixed in. Long roots aren't necessarily indicative of anything. The length of the roots aren't key, it's their condition. From here, I can't tell if they're dry & crunchy, or still OK.

As to that soggy water damage, that needs to be cut off immediately, before it has a chance to spread. Also, given that, I'd cut back to healthy growth, let it callous a day or 2 & then repot it DRY. I'd withhold water for a week after that at least, before watering it again.

o

Thanks for advice, Pirate Girl. I've already cut back the damaged growth and now I'll have to wait and see what happens.

o

Good to hear you've gotten to it already. Good luck, here's hoping it'll be fine (am guessing it will be).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here