Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
norma_2006

Books Used

norma_2006
14 years ago

Google books used and see what you come up with, I have a few names, Rainbow Books, used books. May have it. I paid $19.00 for the first book that Juan wrote in 1990 many of the plants he finds he names himself no one can then disagree with the name. All on the S. trifasciata species and varieties.

I have another book ILLUSTRATED Handbook of SUCCULENT PLANTS (Monocotyledons) These are very expensive books, It's up to date until 1990 it does have a small picture in the back of the book of S. eilensis with the flower stalk up but not open flowers and not a close up. The pictures are small and not true to color. The definations well they have three named species that are all the same, they couldn't make up their mind. Len Newton did the work, knew very little on on species and did the best he could with a deadline facing him. The orginal author died before his work could be published. . eilensis is very gray, as well as my plant of S. pinguicula, some of the latter I understand are green and larger. I have 6 plants F/C S. aethiopica F/C none look like the picture in this book. This is the best I can do right now at this moment. I would not get Juan first book, you want a book on the species I would think? I have another book sellers name for you but I need to look it up. Did not correct or edit or even check spelling or if I made an sense. Norma

Comment (1)

• penguinesque
    14 years ago

Thank you, Norma-- What is your opinion about Juan's, "The sansevieria trifasciata varieties" and "the Splendid Sansevieria"?--I have found the latter for $36. I have been looking on Amazon and ABE and am trying your suggestion next. Terri