Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brodyjames_gw

Sans identification

brodyjames_gw
14 years ago

Is anybody willing to help me i.d. my sans? I have 6, maybe 7 different plants.

Comments (14)

• bunnygurl
    14 years ago

Guarunteed someone would be willing to identify them if you were to post pictures. We have some super knowledgable people on here. *cough*norma*cough*

• brodyjames_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Going to try uploading photos...hope it works!

• brodyjames_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Doesn't work....rejects my photos as too big, even in VGA mode. Darn! Really frustrated!

• bunnygurl
    14 years ago

Try just putting a link to them on here, or perhaps try using a photo gallery forum on here.

• woodnative
    14 years ago

Try using photobucket for your pics. If not, you could provide a VERY detailsed description (size, leaf size, textrue and color). If they are more common varieties, we could probably make a good guess. If they are obscure species it may be near impossible....

• penguinesque
    14 years ago

Do you have any version of Photoshop on your computer? If so, open you image in PS and go to image--image size. For dpi, put 72 (that is the resolution your monitor displays). You can then change the size in inches to 4x6 or thereabouts (make sure the "constrain proportions" box is checked--the box is below the res change options). Click OK and save the image in "My pictures" with a name.JPEG It should be easy to post. Hope this helps. Terri

• brodyjames_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok, I loaded my images to photobucket..thanks for the suggestions and the help, everyone! I'm sure my sans. varieties are very common, but I have seen them all under many different name depending on the website I visit. The place I've gotten them all from usually just lists them as "assorted foliage" or simply "sansevieria".

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket/Sansevieria

• bunnygurl
    14 years ago

Well you're just not having any luck with these pics are you? Your link sends me to a login page. I would really really like to see your Sans. I hope we can get this figured out.

• woodnative
    14 years ago

Yes, I had the same problem. It brought me to your main photobucket page, but it is asking for a (your) password to sign into your page. When you are in photobucket, there will be a url direction under each of your photos. One of these needs to be copied and pasted into your gardenweb reply. Then your photo will show up in your post.

• brodyjames_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Photos should now be accessible!

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

Where? I need someone to hold my hand to learn how to do this, simple job that every one can do. Duh, I am glad I didn't go to college. I would have flunked. Norma

• brodyjames_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Should work now....

Here is a link that might be useful: Sansevieria

• bunnygurl
    14 years ago

Alright. So I love my Sans and though I'm no expert, I'm not a newbie either.....or perhaps I am...depends on what the definition of newbie is here.

1. Not sure

2. Looks like Sans. Golden hahnii

3. I think it's Sans. trifasciata laurentii

4&5. Do believe is Sans. cylindrica (I just had my mother buy me one at the garden store 'cause a) she owed me and b) I lost my bid on one a while ago so it made me feel better).

6. Not sure but it's bright. o_O

7&8. A Sans hahnii.

9. I think I'll call this one your leafy friend.

Anyone have any corrections or names to fill in the blanks, of course, chip in. I'd love to learn too. Sans are just fascinating!

• woodnative
    14 years ago

It looks like there are two plants in the first pic, the lighter being 'Moonglow'. #6 looks like S. trifasciata 'Compacta' to me......nice contrast betweent he dark green centers and bright gold edge.
    I agree with bunnygurl....Sans are fascinating!!

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource