Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
norma_2006

Replies too long

norma_2006
15 years ago

I'm sorry that I post such long replies, but I try to be complete and informative as I can. Some of you are beginners to the species, others are advanced, but I don't have a chart in front of me to know. My replies are for all of you not just for the person asking the questions. Norma

Comments (12)

• woodnative
    15 years ago

Norma-
    Who is complaining? Please continue to share and write. Your response very much valueable.
    Remember, the Internet is a vast void. For every one or two who make a negative comment, there are hundreds of others who are quietly enjoying and possibly learning something from your written reply even if they say nothing.

• reiver
    15 years ago

Norma,
    You are a wealth of information who is kind enough to share it. Please continue to do so. I look forward to your posts.

Mike

• stephania
    15 years ago

What fascinated me joining this forum is you, Norma (^_^)
    I do love every threads of you.

• christianme
    15 years ago

Dear Norma,Your wisdom is of great value,please make your posts as long or short as you need to get your expertise across and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

So Norma,

I should think that takes care of any doubts, no matter who might have said what to you.

As you can plainly see here, folks WANT to read your posts -- so yes, pls. DO keep posting.

HUGS -- Pirate Girl Karen

(I still have the Pirate Girl sign you made here in my living room. I see it & smile when it reminds me of you).

• norma_2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to all of you, then I'll continue as I have been.
    Words of experience: No matter how bad the leaves look even dried up, if the rhisome is still hard/firm, it will grow back,(unless rotted from too much water) do not toss it out.

Words of experience: Err on the side of less water, dry, it's okay if the leaves dry out, somewhat, you can always water. Plants grow from the rhisome. Never toss it out. Start is again in the Spring, just like you would and Iris, Dalia.

Keep two labels one on the bottom of the pot, you would be surprised how fast they get lost.
    Some flower in the Winter, like right now. Really they do.

My best regards to all of you for a safe, happy, healthy New Year and thank you, Norma

• chazparas
    15 years ago

Norma,
    I rarely post on this forum, maybe once or twice. It seems I never have to because any questions I may have, have either been answered by you or someone else. Please do not limit your responses, many of us out here are so grateful for the knowledge you share. I guess we should express that once in a while.
    Thank you, keep posting, and a very happy new year to you!
    Chaz

BTW, just had a cylindrica and trif bloom. No luck in crossing them though.

• User
    15 years ago

Norma, you've got nothing to apologize for. Keep 'em comin'!

• Denise
    15 years ago

Hi Norma,

I haven't been over here on the Sans forum for a long time. Was perusing the site to confirm an ID on a Sans I got last summer (it's 'Moonshine' I'm pretty sure...) and found your post. I agree with everyone else - I've probably learned more from your posts than anyone's since I've been on GW. And now I learned one more thing! I had no idea that a Sans could die completely back and if the rhizome was solid, it would come back. I've always had trouble growing the variegates - they go along looking great then one day, I visit the windowsill and it's dried up and collapsed. Now I wonder if I'd checked the roots (rather than just tossing the whole thing...), maybe I'd still have some of them!

Denise in Omaha

• beachplant
    15 years ago

Heck, before I started reading your posts I must say I didn't really appreciate my sans. Oh sure, they were great dependable plants I could stick in the yard, pots any where and ignore and they did great, but I never had any idea there were so many, some of the ones I have are rare, how passionate some people are about them or so much of their culture. I've learned tons from your posts and rarely have to answer a question because you've alredy posted such a complete answer.
    Keep up the great work!

Tally HO!

PS, my cylindrica are all blooming. None of the others right now. I didn't lose a single sans from the hurricane flooding. And I rescued the ones AT&T dug out of my yard, ran over and threw into the street. These are tough plants!

• dufflebag2002
    15 years ago

I am jealous of most of you, you all humble me. I have had some plants for 20 years and never got a flower out of them. 'Fisherii' 'Masoniana' however my parve is in flower, and I can't go into my greenhouse, all eight of them are in flower at this time, they flowr at night, I don't know of any that may open flowers during the day, they are pollinated at night as well, and we subspect a moth, many San. flower this time of the year, because they still think they are in Africa and the weather is the opposite than ours and I can't tell the plants it's different. Send postage and I'll send out a S. parva, it's not pretty but the flower perfumes very strongly. Email me privately for that address. Crasulady2@dslextreme.com Plant is free, postage is not. I will not mail out a plant with out postage covered first. Karen know me, I hope she will vouch for my honesy. I will only accept postage for the exact amount, I do not want any thing for handling . I will not list give aways on exchanges list, I don't know how and don't want to be bothered. I don't know how to send pictures. At my age it is just difficult. I have small priority mail boxes. I think they are $5.00 now. Check and see. I hope this first offer is contagious. Norma

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

Well I sure will vouch for my friend Norma, who I had the pleasure of meeting at an event she hosted back in '04 in at her home in California!

She's a lovely, sweet lady, a nice friend & extremely knowledgeable abt both Sans & Crassulas. She helped me A LOT preparing for a talk on Sans. I gave to my local Indoor Gardening Society Club in Spring of '06. I learned a great deal from her.

Norma, My Dear, I'll EM you privately, hope you'll pls. save the first one for me.

Hugs from afar,

Your (Pirate_Girl) Karen