Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silver Flame!

Posted by roberto2 none (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 5:06

These are the two "Silver Flame" just arrived from XXXXX thanks to my friend XXXXXXX. As this is a Patented variety, I can't say more.It is illegal to grow any plant of this cv. out of its country of Patent. FBI is after me.................
C:\Users\Roberto\Pictures\2012-11-30\024.JPG

C:\Users\Roberto\Pictures\2012-11-30\028.JPG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silver Flame!

Here is the first image which didn't show up.

C:\Users\Roberto\Pictures\2012-11-30\024.JPG

o

Hi Roberto,

These look exactly the same as the one I bought from Hirts nursery, an online vender in the US. They are nice looking plants.

o

Very handsome w/ that mottled banding. I'd love to find that when it becomes more available.

o
RE: Silver Bells, Just in Time for the Holidays:

Roberto,

Nice looking, just in time for the holidays, A fitting name would be Silver Bells and since I've heard somewhere in this site that the name's of these type of plants Sans, is often changed by many different collectors why not for the Christmas season, "Silver Bells." Merry Christmas to all my plant loving friends out there.

Greg

o

Right back at you Greg. And a happy prosperous New Year to us all.

o

Isn't this the same plant as S. 'Whitney' discussed here last month? I believe that it is. If the name 'Silver Flame' is supposed to be a take-off on 'Gold Flame' (which most of us know), its a very poor 'flame' since the silver is limited to the margins on 'silver flame'. 'Silver Flame' (or 'Whitny') is a beautiful variety.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here