Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good stuff comin

Posted by grabmebymyhandle 6 Kentucky (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 5:17

So i scored some wicked nice cuttings today, i cant tell ofr sure but they look very white forms of S. cylindrica, im unsure, i didnt see a mother plant, and ofcourse the camera battery is dead but ill get you all a good look soon. They are big, 1 inch + diamiter and 8-10 inches long, hard and tough as hell, very white too...im excited
Any ideas of what ive got? I hope it get monsterous...

I also have a futura something that i saved from a friend, it had stopped growing and rotted just a bit, it was fine, even looked good but was dead in the center, there wasnt any new leaves comin out, well, its better now and has begun growing a stolen dirctly from the center of the rosette. Its going to look fantastic....

pics comin soon i promise

Anyone interested in tradin with me...I would love more species of sans, namely the monters! or the cute cute minis : D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good stuff comin

Interesting!! Where did you get this cutting?? Is it white as in from a variegated plant, but mostly white?? If so you might have trouble growing it unless it has enough green to keep it going. However, a photo would eliminate a lot of guesswork. Get a list together of what you have and I am sure you could easily find someone to trade with you here......though it may have to wait until the weather warms in Spring.

o

Grabmebymyhandle,
I have some very tall Sansevieria trifasciata and Laurentii. They are about 4-1/2 feet tall. or just what exact kinds are you interested in. The more exotic ones I don't have much of now.

o

regretfully I cannot find the cord for my camera at the moment...sorry

woodnative, I dont think ill have any trouble getting it to grow, its not the pure white that sans sometimes have on the margins, its more like the banding striations on a typical trifaciata, just so extreme they make it look white...gosh I hate makin lists...it feels like howemork I put it off here as bad as I did in high school

Stush Im suppose the more exotic species, I have a nice 4 foot tri. that i inherited, its busted out of the last 2 pots its been in, I love it when they get big and rank like that...Id really like to have stuckii or fisherii, maybe the baseball bat, theres so many wonderful kinds when I scroll thru ebay, I really am not even sure what all kinds I wold like to have, im sure its a long list.

Currently I have these types or sans: Trifasciata, cylindrica, futura sp., golden hahnii, Jade Margenated Hahnii. I also have access to several more types/forms/species, But all are the more common types likely to be seen, Not collectors plants...

Ill find this cord soon.

o

AHHA

o

side by side of the white cuttings with my cylindrica

o

one more

SOrry it took so long, the 3 cuttings are in slightly moist media now, and waiting for roots!

o

Those lighter ones might just be older growths grown in stronger light.

o

Only time will tell. Maybe the white will remain and have a great look or may darken with age. Hope they remain white. And I think it will be years befor they become whole plants in themselves. Maybe marlonmachado = Marlon Machado Will chime in here. He grows them from seed and have shown them in past posts.
Stush

o

they are in fact older growth, from larger plants than mine...Ive never seen any that are this white tho, i doubt its simply cultural differences, but I wouldnt be surprized, just disappointed...

Im really crossing my fingers that it takes well, my other cylindrica roots reliably though it does take it a few years to get its feet set and actually grow...

Has anyone seen a sans push a NEW growth point thru the middle of a plant like that one is, I bet its going to to look spectacular once it gets going!

o

In fact I got a Siam Silver that did this. It is a stolen growth in place of a rhizone growth. 'MichaelL' showed a Futura type growing out like this.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here