Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karate626

Does any one have a Free Sansevieria Ebook?

karate626
14 years ago

Hello. I just saw a post that was posted by hankeat on Thu, Sep 4, 08. The title of the post was about a Free Sansevieria E-book to download. The link hankeat provided was: http://www.endangeredspecies.com/Projects/Sansevierias/Text/Book.pdf

Then dufflebag2002 replied to hankeat's post and said "Hermine Stover who wrote that book at least 30 years ago, she admits that it is out of date, but it's not overstated, she is honest and up front with the information. We are trying to get her to do another one, as you notice she shares her information and experience.

She is a dear friend, and she is the only one who wrote a book about the species in America at that time. She seldom receives credits.

The drawings are a combination of hers and her husbands. Norma"

Well since this post is old, I have found the e-book is no longer available through that link and must have been destroyed. I am hoping someone has downloaded the e-book before it was deleted and could send it to me via email. Please let me know!

Comments (16)

• penguinesque
    14 years ago

Hello. I have tried that link, also. No luck. I would like to get a copy, too. Thank you. Terri

• pirate_girl
    14 years ago

Hi Norma,

Can you please ask Hermine (when you next speak w/ her) if she knows where her book could be downloaded from for these folks (as I'm lucky enough to have been given a copy)? Thanks & Hugs.

(PG) Karen

• bama_gardener
    14 years ago

In case you haven't found the Sansevieria Book being discussed, here is a link from which I downloaded mine. I hope this works because I've never done a link like this.

Bev

Here is a link that might be useful: Sans Book

• karate626
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bama_gardener- Thanks you!!! Your link worked and I downloaded it! Thanks!

• karate626
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bama_gardener, Thank you!!!

• bama_gardener
    14 years ago

When I discovered it wasn't being offered on several websites, I kept searching til I found it and have enjoyed browsing through it several times already. Glad I could be of help.

I am really enjoying my Sans, even though I don't have many, I am planning on ordering some different varieties in the Spring. I believe Krimson Kreek Ranch on EBay was highly recommended. Any thoughts on that?

Bev

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

Hermines book is accurate to a point, many names have changed. Her instructions on how to care for them is priceless, and her pictures are priceless. Read it thoroughly, the care and drawings will never change, and use comomon sense with her information as a guide. I am still here to help you all I can. It is black and white but I can still recognize the species from her drawings. Norma

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

The list that was listed in red, is working, I just downloaded the book. It's written in a language that you can understand, this is so kind of her to share. I don't think she will write another one, which is a shame, she doesn't have the time. I have tried to get her to help out on this forum, I will show her this request,ask her to be sure it is available to those who want it. I will ask her for permission to give out the other foums email address, so you can talk to her your self by email. She is a moderator of several forums, so is a very busy lady. Norma

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

I just talked to Hermine, the book is 72 pages printed on both sides, she does not have the means or equipment to run off the book. I just tried running it off with with a link provided in red by Bama_girl, it does print off. Make sure your input is correct. My own copy does not run off well, because it was printed on cheap paper, and the printer was not good. Norma

• penguinesque
    14 years ago

Bev, Thank you so much for the Sans Book link--It printed beautifully!

I have received plants from Karole at Krimson Creek--great communication and very nice material. I plan to order more from her this spring--really COLD up here in New Hampshire now.
    Terri

• bama_gardener
    14 years ago

Terri, glad I could be of help in providing the link. We are having a "cold snap" right now (in the teens for a few nights), so my orders from Krimson Creek will be delayed until March. By then our weather will be off this roller coaster ride. It's good to know that Krimson Creek is good to order from since I do very little ordering online.

Norma, I always enjoy your posts - they are informative and often bring a smile to my face.
    Bev

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

I had to call Hermine and give her that link, she tried it and read the book, she had an entirely different perspective when she read her own writing. It was so long ago. She was excited when I gave her the link to follow. She was thrilled to see it again and giggled and squilled and laughed. It made her very happy that others were downloading and it gave her pleaseure. Norma

• pirate_girl
    14 years ago

How Nice Norma,

Thank you for sharing that w/ us. Tho' I also had a NYC Sans. mentor who'd shared plants over the yrs., Jeff had given me a copy of her book as we became friends. I particularly like the page of her drawings on the black background which shows the different categories of leaf characteristics (ruffled edges, channels, etc.), which I find both fascinating & beautifully rendered!

Please DO tell her we send our thanks from here for ALL her efforts AND for continuing to permit its being shared (or better yet, show this to her)! Thanks.

Karen

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

If you look carefully the drawing have little hidden things in them. See what you can find. Her husband did many of the drawings as well. She thanks you all. Norma

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

I just downloaded the book so is does work, It is very slow downloading and it's not your pc, it is the link that we are getting it from. I needed a clean copy. The link is being forwarded from France, and that is why it takes so long, make sure you have at least 75 clean pages for it to use. Make sure that it is fully downloaded before tring to print it off. Make sure you have enough ink. Don't run out of paper in the middle. They come out clean and sharp black and white, she did not use color. If you know how to use the printer there should be no problems. I broke my printer trying to download I douldn't load my printer. Norma

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

karate where you able to download that book? Hermine will not print any off for anyone, she doesn't have the means to do so, or the time. I can't afford to do so either, or the time. I have no help with my collection so can't help others at this time. Norma