Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Sans is Blooming

Posted by joshc Z8-TX (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 15, 03 at 11:05

I just thought I'd let y'all know my Sans t. 'Silver Laurentii' has a bloom stalk. This will be my first Sans. bloom! I just saw it this morning when I was opening the blinds. I think it still has a ways to go too. So anyhow, I'm pleased :-) Hope everyobody has a good one.

Josh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Sans is Blooming

Congratulations Josh! I've yet to see one. Hopefully some day I'll join you! A bloom would be nice for Christmas!

Lavonn

o

Yes, yes I should have a party. *this wrist don't bend

o

Lucky you!! I'm anxiously awaiting the day that any of mine will bloom!

Post a photo when it does, will you?

o

I'll try to post a photo, I couldn't get any to come out good last night though, too dark or too bright, you know that routine. Will try again during daylight.

Josh

o

I find that most of my Sansevieria develop flower stalks in the fall/winter. I'll be getting a few more plants to flower before spring, and then it will be time to divide some of them.

On a side note, I'll probably have a couple of nice plants availabel for trade in the spring, including S. parva, S. kirkii kirkii, S. sufruitcosa, a currently unidentified variegated S. laurentii, S. sp Bailey, S. sp Wananga Station, and probably others. I hope that there are some people out there with nice stuff, too.

Joe "and I don't limit myself to Sansevierias" DeRosa

o

I was surprised last week to find one of my Sans blooming. Several bloomed in the summer, but I have never known one to bloom in the winter.

A nice surprise for Xmas!

Elsie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here