Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to Sans and a New Sans

Posted by ultra_violet (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 12:40

I just bought my first Sansevieria (my local Lowes has most 1.5gal houseplants on clearance for $7!). The plant tag has minimal info so I tried identifying my particular plant with pictures online.

IMO it most resembles either Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii' or Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii compacta.' As I'm new to this species, what variety do you think it is?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to Sans and a New Sans

And a close-up pic:

o

Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii' most likely. compacta would have smaller and a little wider leaf.
For $7 you got a deal. Enjoy.
Stush

o

In the USA its commercial name is "S.laurentii Black Gold", maybe it is the same of Chahinian's 'Laurentii compacta'. Or a poorly banded Laurentii...who knows??
Look here (if most of the names are wrong)....
http://www.triadplantco.com/listplants-details.php?type=sansevieria

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here