Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new purchase from Lowe's

Posted by smithstudios71 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 12:54

Here is my new purchase from the Lowe's in Bluffton, Ind. I already have a Black furtura "Goldedge", but I couldn't resist this one, because of all the pups it had coming out of it. Plus, some of them seemed a little different.

photo IMG_20131209_123201_277-1_zps11cc2a57.jpg

photo IMG_20131209_123213_351-1_zps76e549b8.jpg

and it was only $5!

Devon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new purchase from Lowe's

Devon,
Those new leaves will darken up with age and light. Also same as for the edges turning to all yellow. Mine does the same thing. Very nice purchase your got.
Stush

o

and here is what it looked like out of the pot.

photo IMG_20131210_082551_655_zps9a16202d.jpg

photo IMG_20131210_082525_495_zps455c1440.jpg

there were a couple more pups starting that had not broke through yet. Since I am new to the Sansevieria world, what is the usually time frame for growth? Is winter a dormant period for these plants?

Hopefully I can make it over to the Muncie Lowe's, because they have a taller trifasciata that is variegated without the gold edge and it's leaves are not as wide. I am really hoping to stumble across a silver one some time.

o

Your sans looks healthy and happy! Clearly the Lowe's in your area knows how to take care of their plants. My local Lowe's has a pretty depressing garden section. I've often taken some of the sick sans to the register and asked them for a steep discount and they're usually glad to get rid of them. Sometimes they'll give them to me for free!

I really like the varieties with larger leaves, too. Good purchase!

o

I just got the same kind from a Lowes in Texas a couple of weeks ago (I believe it was the same price as well). I wanted something new and green for my indoor space and that was just about the only thing that the particular lowes had not managed to kill off yet. I don't know what had suddenly happened, but all of their plants were looking quite bad. And that wasn't the case in the summer.

Anyway, I'm really hoping that it fares well in my house. My mom used to have a really tall one when I was a kid. I'd love to have one like hers.

o

Good lookin' roots, there.
Winter is a slow time for Sans., but the pups should pop up within a couple months (once the weather warms).

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here