Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sansevieria trifasciata 'Gold Flame'

Posted by plantomaniac08 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 16:11

Stush gave me this a couple of months ago and it's since pushed out a couple of gold leaves (three in fact). They're not very gold yet, I'm assuming it takes some time for the green to darken and the gold to pop. You can see a light green band going down the center of the largest gold leaf. Just wanted to share, enjoy!

'Gold Flame'

Planto

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sansevieria trifasciata 'Gold Flame'

Goldflame is one of my favorites. Stush sent me a similar plant recently. I'm not sure if it wil have flames or not, but it's starting some new growth already. We'll have to take some new pictures next year and see how much new growth we have. Thanks again Stush for sharing.

o

Your welcome. I have a window box full and will have to cut more out next year. Also some Bantal Sensation to give out next year. And thanks to all the other generous people here on this site who gave me so much. Why do I got them marked 'Gold Hahnii'?? 1st. sign my mind is going.

o
RE:'Gold Flame'

ok now where did the picture go??

o

Wow Stush, those are gorgeous!

Planto

o

Stush it is a lovely plant, often it will take at least four years to mature undisturbed however. So give it a break let it rest for a couple of years now to get new growth, give away cuttings after they have flowered. It renews its age and becomes young again, I don't know another way to describe it. When you cull out the old growth it restarts and become young. I hope this explanation make sense to all of you. Norma

o

Norma,
It does make sence. That is just what I plan to do. The old groth will continue to produce new pups after I give them away and I need the much needed room for the younger ones that are being overcrowed. Another picture of same window box.

o
RE: 'Gold Flame'

Notice the newer leaves coming up are almost all yellow. The other side has mostly just the yellow edges. Also the one in the upper left corner. If it could just stay that way with the yellow strips, wow. Hope so. And again I marked the picture 'Gold Hahnii'. Why, ?? Maybe because I am on the look-out for them. I have a nursery lined up this spring the buy them for only $2.50 each. I think I will order 10 and give 8 away for cost.
Stush

o

Looks great Stush!! You are lucky to have the light/window space for these. Of course you have to have the light AND be a good grower........and it is obvious you are the latter too!! I need to take some photos of mine to show here too. They are doing good too.....but under lights for the winter! -Chris

o

Chris,
Good to hear from you. Also those plants are the ones in my old 55 gallon fish tank in my living room with just a few lights on top of the thank. 1st. time trying this and so far so good. Sans don't seem to mind the low lights.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here