Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reverse of Whitney

Posted by Stush2049 Pitts., Pa. 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 17:24

Found this while looking around the internet. Sold as Robusta. But this is different. Sold on Ebay by PJ's Plants and Things, US $8.49 $10.80 Expedited Shipping. But what if you just got a Robusta instead of this plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reverse of Whitney

Have a look at this page.
Look for Eve. Looks the same to me. No wonder there is so much confusion in names. I think this is a wholesale grower. Maybe some of these new ones will pop up in the stores next spring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Charlie Cook.com

o

I am much interested in having this cv. Unfortunately, the ebay seller doesn't accept messages from buyers, nor does he ship out of US. Is there anyone who can ship me two or three S."Eve"? (no matter the price, of course...)
roberto
romango@libero.it

o

Roberto,
Robusta is a type of Sans. that grows from cutting of any Futura type plants. Notice, the seller makes no claim that this is 'Eve' or a Whitney reverse. That's why I posted this. What if??
There is a site that sells some very interesting Sans.
http://www.ornamentalplantstore.com/ There is an overseas shipping of $35. Lets us know how you make out.
Bmock,
Thanks for the link. I think they are wholesale only. And I did look up 'Eve'. I will have to keep my eyes open at the Big Box Stores. I am starting some cutting from my Futura that lost a leaf while handling. I know Robusta will result but if I could get some green stripping, well we will see.

o

OK, I just saw this thread again. So the reverse of 'Whitney' is 'Eve'?? I may have to go back and buy one......

o

Hey Chris, if reasonable, but two. one for me along with Whitney. We can mail to each other this spring.
Stush

o

Hi Stush..Oh, don't get me started w/reverse Whitney. lol.
Next, I'll be hunting the net trying to find one..Toni

o

Toni,
I think they are starting to hit the stores around here. Keep checking the big box stores as well as grocery stores.

Now there are 4 here to trade for Whitney.

o

Stush, it's rare finding various Sans here, but I made a mistake.

Before our Walmart was changed to Super Walmart, plants were usually well-stocked.
Forgot I bought a few birds nest type Sans back then. Now that it's Super Walmart, plant shelves are either empty or topped w/10" potted, 'commom' plants.

But, I'll keep looking...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here