Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sansevieria Shark

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 16, 10 at 22:25

Caught in the act, Yoko acts as if she should be doing this. I take the pictures, she does cute, so that's settled. I'd be tempted to throw her to the coyotes if that was a show plant, but fortunately for both of us I don't have any of that kind of Sans.

DSC05799

This Sans, S. 'Ed Eby' has put on a lot of growth in the last month. Here are the pups (after two years and more of just sitting there) in early November:

DSC05392

And here they are today - the little ones are taking advantage of that spot by tripling in size.

DSC05842

DSC05838

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sansevieria Shark

The first picture which is excellent is 'Patens' with curved leaves. Renamed by Steven Janowsky it is a hybrid and found in the Crater. I thought 'KoKo' was a hybrid as well and found in the
crater it has straight leaves. Looks like a S. pearsonii
are you renaming this plant, I didn't know until know that that are one and the same. duh. Thanks for this information. San. Shark, which one is that? Norma

o

That cat has sort of a glazed-over, crazy look in her eyes. I bet, if questioned later, she will not remember and deny any involvement in the gruesome act, LOL!
Great pics!

o

Wood Native,

She's a very bad kitten, carrying off Echeveria heads and hanks of yarn if I don't keep the cattle prod handy.

o

Pretty bizarre, that crazed look, I too thought cat was flying at first.

Good looking plant, those pups sure have grown. Curious, are you using any mix under those rocks, or just growing in rocks?

o

Karen,

That look is SOP with certain cats here. There's a very loose mix underneath there, and in the spring, I'll repot it and put it outside (in the semi-shade) to grow, when it's warm enough, of course.

o

Jeff how did you mangage to catch her in the air and get the picture, how old is that baby, she looks very young. No judgement yet! Norma

o

I can haz succulentz naow!

o

Jeff I thought you were talking about a new San. name? ? ?
There may be one that has that name believe it or not, from Thailand. I will need to look that up. Perhaps 'Sharkskin' has any one heard of this before so I won't need to look it up ???????. Norma

o

Hi Norma,

Pls. save your energy, I think he's just kidding about the cat.

o

Kid about the cat? Me? Heck, they don't need my help - they're 24/7 jokers already.

Norma, the Shark in the title is in reference to the cat. TTBOMK, there's no Sansevieria 'Shark' or S. 'Sharkskin', but it would be great if there were.

o

People name ther pets weird things, I did't rule it out knowing you. She great, my new cat is a blessing, I really got lucky with her and is starting to even mind, she knows a few commands, does not come when called unless it's bedtime and she is cold, or when I call her for dinner, she does't beg, very well behaved, I sure lucked out on this one. She has been well socialized by her foster mother before she came to me. Norma

o

Screenplay .....

[Camera slowly zooms in as gentle relaxing music plays in the background ...] A lone unsuspecting Sansevieria basks in the luxuriant warm of the afternoon sun. Birds can be heard twittering in the distance.

[Cue "Jaws" theme music as the camera slowly pans out ...] SUDDENLY! The tranquility of the moment is shattered as -- from the depths -- a dreaded Yoko hurtles skyward to seize its prey in its gaping maw!

[Cut to black and fade in to sound of silence ...] An empty pot lies on its side on the floor. Scattered dirt and bits of greenery are all that remain ....

o

Paul,

That's some sweet writing there. As I was playing mousy with her this morning, I was singing the Jaws theme, but not at the top of my voice.

She actually hasn't knocked over pots or otherwise destroyed a plant's staging, but I keeps finding the heads of baby Echeverias and Graptopetalums in the salon. Do you think this might be a sign of a succulent frenzy?

I can haz succulent.

DSC05786

o

Glad ya liked the screenplay ;)

She's a cute lil devil. I could see my folks' tailless diluted tortie doing something similiar if given the chance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here