Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highheartbeats

Is this fungus on my laurentii?

highheartbeats
9 years ago

I got a sans. var. laurentii November 7th. After bringing it home I noticed that a very small leaf in the middle (second pic) of the pot had a shrivelled up area on the right side of the leaf (the other side of the leaf was firm, and looked fine). The leaf across from it had a brownish area on the side in the middle of the leaf (first pic) - that spot hasn't gotten any bigger or worse.

I repotted it December 3rd because the soil (peat and/or coir) was still not drying out. It's now in a 55% perlite 45% cactus mix. I waited until December 7th to water it, and as of tonight the soil is dry if I stick my fingers a few inches in.

The problem is that today I noticed that the leaf in the middle that had the shrivelled, dry spot is now completely shrivelled up. (The original, shrivelled, dry spot is outlined in red.) But like I said earlier, the brown spot on the other leaf hasn't gotten any bigger or worse. I panicked and cut off both leaves, I don't want it to spread if it is a fungus.

Should I de-pot it and check the roots? Will this keep spreading? I cut down as far as I could and I think I got all the shrivelled, mushy leaf out, but what if I didn't??

{{gwi:2131651}}

Comments (4)