Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordering by mail?

Posted by blutarski (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 07 at 23:44

Is this successful, or not worth the 2day express shipping? I'd really love a smallish snake tongue for my office, and I can't find anything other than birds nest varieties or plants that are already 3-4 feet.

Again, I'd order by mail, but leery of getting a dead plant in the mail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordering by mail?

Ordering by mail works fine....although Spring is probably better. It is too cold over much of the U.S. right now. "Silver Princess" is a dwarfish trifasciata type plant. There are a couple of smallish "spoon leafs". Some of the other species and varieties grow slowly and stay small for a long time, so they may be ok too.
If you have other plants (not necessarily Sansevieria), it may be easy to set up a trade here for some plants. However, once again, Spring is probably a better time.

o
RE: Ordering by mail?

I'll send you one free, Snake Plant, or 'Mothers-in-law tongue what ever you call it, if you are willing to pay for the postage. I have that species. I will put it in a Priority mail package. Do not split plants now if you are not an experienced grower, I certainly agree with that advise. It is not worth the express mail charge, the plant is not worth that much money either. I do not expect a trade. Get a very small young plant and put it in a small pot to keep it that way. Norma
Norma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here