Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pcola_gw

What I'm doing today

Pcola
20 years ago

It's a beautiful day to work in the yard. First I'll spray horticultural oil on the hollies, camellias and azaleas. It's good prevention. Next the lawn will get atrazine for the weeds. Then I'll distribute the cottonseed meal around the roses, and any other perennials. Then it's off to the nursery to see what's new. What fun.

Comments (4)

• Randy Ritchie
    20 years ago

Oh, your day sounds just perfect, Pcola! I envy you - but I'll be stuck inside studying...wahhhh I wanna play in the dirt.

Anyhow, I could help by enabling you. Maybe there's some new cultivars at that favorite nursery up the road...or how about some nice new pot and pot trellis - I hear they're all the rage. Of course the selection of water garden and bog plants is expanding all the time - if you don't have a pond, I'm sure you could fit it into the plan somewhere. Enable, enable.

girlsaylor

• pamcrews
    20 years ago

Hey Pcola...pretty much the same kind of day I had in Milton. I did buy some more azales today at Wal-Mart, and then planted some more irises in the yard. Looks like tomorrow will be another great "play in the yard" kind of day! Ohhhh, almost forgot, that beer on the patio while soaking in the sun was pretty cool too! LOL

• Zuki
    19 years ago

I'm in Pensacola too. What's your favorite place around here for plants? Try Bailey's Farmer's Market. They moved to Davis Hwy., north of Fairfield Dr. They don't always know the variety /names of the plants they sell, but they carry different stuff. I bought a blueberry plant(?) that has hundreds of berries on it for around eleven dollars. It is bushier and three times taller than the blueberry plants I already have.They also had two pots of an orchid I had been thinking of buying for $15 a pot.When I bought them I wasn't completely sure if this was the plant I had been looking for.I was actually shaking as the cashier rang them up. Have you tried the fleamarket? I haven't been there in years .

• Pcola
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Zuki

Actually I'm in southern Cantonment. I haven't bee to the new Bailey's, but have heard good things about it. Do they sell plants at the flea market? I get most of mine from Floral Tree on Nine Mile Road, but sometimes I find stuff elsewhere - there are two small shops on Pine Forest. One's near Food World - the other across from the race track. With two small ones how do you find the time for anything else?!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions