o
Sweet Peas in Bloom!

Posted by iDixieRose z8b Coastal SC (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 04 at 0:03

I picked these first four blooms today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweet Peas in Bloom!

I was just browsing assorted forums, at random, and came across this one. I find it absolutely disgusting that you have sweet peas blooming. :) :) :) mine are only 7" tall!!! (I'm on the west coast and planted mine in Feb., when did you plant yours?)

Do they smell as good as I remember them?

Well, at least I don't have any snow on the ground, like some gardeners. I should be thankful for what I have. ( 7" tall sweet peas)

Maplea

o

Dixie, where are you? I'm in Murrells Inlet, just south of Myrtle Beach. I've been intrigued by sweet peas but figured they'd be hard to grow here.

o

They smell as good as you remember.
Mine are not blooming very well, and they're kind of small yet, but the fragrance is marvelous.

o

Yes, when did you plant them? I have wanted some for years, but I remember the trouble an aunt had getting them up and blooming before the hot weather hit them. We are just a little south of you. I suspect that the growing conditions are the same.

I even have a nice fence waiting for them.
PB

o

PeeBee, I plant mine in November. They come up quickly and then they just kind of hang around all winter, making roots. In March they begin to climb the fence.

P. Allen Smith plants his in February, father north.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here