Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody here on James Island?

Posted by Ambress27 z9 SC (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 05 at 12:57

Or does anybody have any suggestions on how to meet other people interested in gardening in your area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody here on James Island?

I'm in Mt Pleasant. There are several things you can do. join the Charleston Horticulture Society,the SC Native Plant Society, train to become a Clemson Master Gardener, or hang out at Hyams. There's a plant day at the Aquarium next weekend. I'll be at the Master Gardener booth. Come by and say hey.

Sue

o

Hello, I live in Goose Creek. I have a sister-in-law who lives on James Island,and we both love gardening. I spend as much time in the garden as possible. Please feel free to e-mail me if you would like to chat about gardening. Maybe we could even exchange some plants. Or if you are interested in seeds,I have lots of those to share. Look forward to hearing from you. Joyce

o

I live on Johns Island. FYI, the Horticultural Society is holding its annual Plantasia at Gaillard Auditorium on April 30th. Lots of neat stuff for sale!

o

Waving from James Island here!!

Last summer a few folks from this forum planned a get together & plant swap. Keep watching and I bet there is another brewing up!

Nice to 'see' you~

o

Ambress, why don't you come visit me at Hampton Park one day and I'll give your a tour of our greenhouses? I'm the new (as of three weeks) volunteer coordinator there but won't make you volunteer although it is great fun and you do get plants and cuttings in exchange for your efforts. In fact, any of you locals who would like to come down and tour the greenhouses just send me an email and we can set something up.

And if anyone is interested, we are looking for folks to adopt flower beds at the park and plant them with annuals and perennials out of the greenhouses. It is a lot of fun as you get to design your own bed!

I live in Mt. Pleasant and would love to meet some of you folks!

o

Congratulations on your new position Annie! What a terrific fit for you and the City Dept of Horticulture! Very symbiotic!

I would love to know more about the volunteer program...
Can you email me with details?

Thanks~
Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here