Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tularosa juniper

Posted by savannarose z9 GA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 26, 05 at 14:11

Could someone please help identify this for me? I've checked my old plant lists and can't find it. A friend has this planned for her new garden.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tularosa juniper

Well, with a quick search, I could not find any links.

However, this is a cool tree that has the branches that twist and turn in all different directions. It is very unusual and striking when placed well in a landscape plan.
Although I am not certain of the spelling, I usually refer to it as a Torolusa.

Hope this is helpful...

o

Thanks so much! I went on the internet and got some more info. Appreciate your answer.

o

A warning about this plant in your climate. It gets HUGE!!! I've rarely seen one planted in an appropriate location within the confines of a typical home landscape.

Don't believe the nursery information, but do some driving around on your own. Hilton Head is a good example of a city that went Torulosa crazy before they realised it was NOT a plant that was suitable for small courtyards, or mall strips.

o

Many thanks for the warning. This tree was listed on the plans for a friend's garden in Tybee. It was drawn up by a landscape architect. I'll pass the warning on to my friend and will check out those trees next time I'm in Hilton head!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here