Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imloulou

Hello...sorta new with a question

imloulou
19 years ago

Hellow fellow Coastal Gardeners. I joined GardenWeb a few years ago but have not been here in a long while. I live in NW Florida.

I am desperate for an ID! I cannot for the life of me figure out what this plant is. I was thinking it is related to Joe Pye's Weed...but could not find anything in Eupatorium that is close to what I have in my garden. The closest I found was E. angulare but I could only find one (really bad) photo of it on Google so I am not really sure.

It is a perennial. It has huge leaves...some up to a foot long. I am thinking it is most likely invasive since I planted one last fall and now have about 100 of them. They are really pretty so I do not mind (for now!!) The flowers have not bloomed yet in the photo...they are just about ready to. The plants are 4 and 5 feet tall. The leaves and stems have a strong fragrance that smells like liquid bird vitamins. (I know....strange comparison but if you have this plant and you have a bird you will know what I am talking about...ROFL!!)

Any help...even a hint towards what it could be would be helpful. I have been trying to figure this out for months!!!

I am hoping this link works:

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/0D/00/34299405-baa6-025801C2-.jpg

Thanks!

Lisa in FL

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions