Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pricklypearsatx

Athens Rose Lantana

pricklypearsatx
16 years ago

Someone on the Southern forum had tried Athens Rose Lantana in 2005 and was not having any luck with it.

I posted a follow up a few days ago. I didn't get a response and I assume it was because the thread was 2 years old.

I am having the same problem. Bought some about a month ago, no blooms at all.

I live in San Antonio, which is in South Texas. Very hot summers. Mild winters.

Other lantanas in the same location in my garden are doing fine. I also planted a new Hybrid called Rose Glow from Landmark in the same area. Rose Glow is beautiful and performing wonderfully.

Is this a winter blooming/short day lantana? By that I mean that the white and purple trailing lantanas don't bloom in the summer around here. They stop blooming around April 1st, and resume in October.

Although frost will stunt the Lantana Montevidis, it quickly grows back and will often bloom in the winter.

Lantana Camara, including New Gold, hybrids are summer bloomers in San Antonio. New Gold starts blooming in March or April. The other Camaras start in April/May.

I'm just frustrated because Athens Rose seems to be taking up a lot of room in my garden and I have no idea when or if it would bloom.

Thank you very much,

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus
More Discussions