Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Over and Out fire ant killer?

Posted by firsttimer27 Charleston, SC (My Page) on
Sat, May 23, 09 at 13:55

I am having a terrible time this year with the fire ants. I have been just killing the mounds, but they seem to pop up again right next to the former mound. I have some broadcast ant killer, but it has so very scary warning on the back about "killing invertabrate animals including birds and frogs." It also says that it should not be used within 100 feet from a water feature. It is also not allowed to be sold in all but like 10 states. Should I use this product if I have only well water? Any horror stories of this product? I don't want to put it down and find a bunch of dead squirrels and birds the next day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Over and Out fire ant killer?

Here's a post from a couple years ago. It has some good ideas in it. Best of luck. I really hate fire ants. After all of this rain maybe they will wash away.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire ants

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here