Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Geraniums in NE Florida

Posted by Mebane z9 Fl (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 05 at 8:54

I planted some geraniums that I bought form Ace Hardware this weekend in a sunny location in my flower garden. Now what? I mulched around them well and plan to keep them well hydrated while they establish but I really don't know anything else about them. Do the reseed? Spread? Do I need to do anything special with them this fall? How are they propigated? Any info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Geraniums in NE Florida

I've heard that its too hot for geraniums in Florida. You may want to do some research on this...

o
RE: Geraniums in NE Florida

Nah, it's not too hot, at least not in northeast Florida - Jacksonville. I've got them across the front yard in the ground, in a window box, in a big pot by the front door, and in a hanging basket. All are doing fabulous. Very nice, repeat blooming flower for the front of the house. You don't need to do anything special. They don't reseed or spread. You need to cover them up if you're getting a hard freeze. That's all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here