Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Knockout roses

Posted by eileenie 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 22, 06 at 15:58

The leaves on my knockout roses are turning yellow with some green spots. They are still blooming. Has anyone else had this problem? Do they just need more water? Our irrigation system isn't the best and some things still need to be watered by hand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Knockout roses

I have had the same problem. It is a disease and you want to remove those leaves from the rose and those that have fallen. I use homemade mixes for mine, if you are interested, drop me a line and I will forward them to you.

o

I'm not glad that you're having problems with Knockout, but I am happy to know I'm not the only one for whom Knockout is NOT better than any other floribunda yet developed.

Nell

o

Yes I would be interested and also what I am doing that's causing this?

o

The leaves on my knockouts are also turning yellow and falling off. Still blooming profusely, getting plenty of rain/water, and the whole bush looks pale and thinned out; not as full and green. Do they need fertilizer, cutting back or what?

o

I have been told by the man who fertilizes our lawn that the knockouts need sulfur???? He is going to look at them when he comes by in the next day or two. I don't know if this helps any, but he does have a degree in agronomy.....

o

Beth florida
I am still interested in your home made mixes for my knockout roses. Some here in southeast Georgia have lots of blooms and others have stopped blooming completely. Mine of course have no blooms. They have greened up some, but as soon as it warms up the leaves start turning yellow again. I think it is relative to the amount of sun they are getting or being planted in beds next to crepe myrtles.

o

I planted a row of Knockout Roses two years ago and they've been a huge disappointment. They're fine when small and pruned back but as they grow they become thin, wirey and just ugly. Any advice?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here