Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to plant now?

Posted by kaye620 z8bGA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 6, 06 at 20:55

Ok, it's hot and humid. My veggie garden is about done for. Only my okra, melons, a few zucs, and cucumbers are still producing. What can I plant in the middle of July?

My tropical garden is doing great but I am wanting to add some things that will help fill up the area when the first frost kills off most of my tropicals.

My mums are confused and full of blooms now. Do you think they will keep blooming through the fall?

Confused and hating being stuck inside the house durning the mid day heat. Any ideas you might be able to throw my way will be welcomed! Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to plant now?

I don't know much about veggies, but if you deadhead your mums they'll bloom through fall and most of the winter.

o

Thanks gnatbit!

o

Check this out:

http://agr.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,38902732_0_57142766,00.html

o

Thanks Agnes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here