Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping with seashells etc. ideas.........

Posted by flowersandthings MidAtlantic 6/7 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 31, 04 at 0:58

I'm sure someon'es already thought of this but I love the idea of using natural sea or I guess sort of natural...... (...... like seaglass)...... items in the garden...... especially the coastal garden...... using premade pots or homade I suppose and adding patterns of seashells by attaching seashells or sea glass of course...... to the outside of the pot...... also adding shells and seaglass to stepping stones or making stepping stones in the shape of shell...... If shells are big enough I also like using them as planters or at least make plants...... short ones of course most likely spill out from them onto the ground....... It's nice to scatter shells through the garden...... :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping with seashells etc. ideas.........

We had these things left-over from building our house....metal rods maybe 12" long that are used to hold insulation in place in the attic. Anyway, I stuck a couple of these into the ground and added smallish conch shells on the top. They look great! Like flowers, only they are shells. Can you picture it? It makes me think of an illustration in a nursery rhyme book for ..."Mary, mary, quite contrary; How does your garden grow? With silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row." Guerry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here