Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esofva

wanted!!! agaves

esofva
15 years ago

My husband has decided he wants the hottest side of our new house planted with agaves.

I would love to find the following:

Variegated Century Plant

Agave americana 'Variegata'

Desert Agave

Agave deserti

Agave tequilana Tequila Sunrise'

Please check my trade list to see if there is anything you might be interested in!

TY

Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

Comments (6)

• don_licuala
    15 years ago

In z7b, you're probably limited as to what will grow. They will not tolerate moisture during the winter.

• hightider
    15 years ago

i have a collection of agaves and yuccas sopme i bought from plants deligt in raleigh and morovia mine have wintered over here on the coast the red yuccas multiply well have some to trade the agave americana opal also puts out pups the first year however i have not wintered it over this is first year have 4 pups very nice the agave lophantha quadricolor i bought this year is the same size as when i recived it about two inches and is supose to get big but hasent however it put out a pup not to impresed with this plant have yucca recurvifola plants for trade have agave ovaatifolia whales tongue one pup have yucca spanish bayonete plenty to trade,have yucca color guard pups,have agave soat wart this is hardy on the coast dont know how it will do where you are have pups the use this to make soap in africa its a grat looking plant abotut 15 inches wide and 15 tall and puts out a cndleabra thats really preaty have other red yucas that are new this year but have not been divided yet maybe we can trade century plants yucca or colocasias which i have acolection ofas you get started on your journey

• esofva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Would love to trade for some of your yucca!!!
    debbie

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

• hightider
    15 years ago

debie sory iam late getting back to you been doing a lot of net fishing.will try and get some baby yucca togeather for you stay in touch hightider

• esofva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My hubby loves to fish and i enjoy it some!! Unfortunately, 2 years ago I suddenly became allergic to all fish unless canned. Where do you go? We have built our retirement house on the Eastern Shore of VA about 45 miles south of Chincoteague and hope to move there next year. Since I sent you the first email, I have acquired several agaves/yuccas.

If you have these would prefer these in order of preference:

agave ovatifolia whales tongue
    agave lophantha quadricolor

If a sub is needed then another red yucca.
    What would you like in trade??? I have removed a few things from my trade list even though I can still get them. Still can get Yucca filamentosa.
    Let me know what you can trade for sure and I will pick from those.

Here is a link that might be useful: DavesGarden

• hightider
    15 years ago

sorry for the delay between fishing and gardening i dont get on the computer much i have whales tongue and agavelophantha but it is still 2 inches the sams size i bought however i got a pup from it as small as it is i ve got a agave weberi arizona start this year and it is about 18 inches high and wide and have a pup for you also a red yucca very nice plant also spanish bayonet if you want some as to where i fish right in front of my house we live on the water, bogue sound also put out a lot of crab pots fished then this a had about a bushekl basket full

Sponsored
More Discussions