Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone tell me what is happening to my Boogies? PICTURE!

Posted by MannyE z10 Miami Beach (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 23, 04 at 15:26

I took a picture of my bouganvillas to see if anyone can tell me if there is something obviously wrong with them.

All the blooms fell off when I transplantd them, which I kind of expected. That was many months ago and the one on the right bloomed about a month or so ago, only to have the blooms fall off within a week.

I do not water them at all unless we don't get rain for more than a month and then I water deeply and only two times in a week before letting mother nature take over again.

I have only fed them once about 4 months ago using something that was specially designed for these plants (do not remember the name and the garage is too hot for me to go look right now)

What is wrong?

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of the plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone tell me what is happening to my Boogies? PICTURE!

I don't have a clue but love the picture. You might want to try the Florida forum where more people can grow bouganvillas. They don't usually winter over here.

o

how long do you water 2x a week, also do you have a sprinkler system. they look very vigorous which means they are getting probably too much of something
also, some kinds have to be older to bloom better
just remember, where they bloom the best, in the Key's, they get NOTHING.
you might want to try this: buy bloom fertilizer, mix as per direction and spray the leaves, but don't do it in the middle of the day. i did that with my bleeding heart and it helped to produce blooms.

o

• Posted by BarbC 8 coastal SC (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 11, 04 at 6:16

Bougies will bloom better with less water and even less fertilizer. The more neglected, the better.

o

• Posted by COBB 8SC USA (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 17, 04 at 13:44

Manny E Just wait for the fall. They'll be beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Southeast Coastal Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here