Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missin_tx__z8b

Ants in pots...again

missin_tx__z8b
19 years ago

I posted a question about this sometime this past summer, but when I searched all forums I couldn't find it (lost in cyber space, i suppose). I have ants that have set up home in my potted ponytail palm.

I need something I can drench the pot with. Someone had suggested beer and water? I think, but I don't remember the ratio. Was also wondering since I see so many references to 'soaps', if the roots could be drenched with a mixture of Neem oil and water? Dr. Bonners peppermint soap and water? Murphy's oil soap and water?, citrus oil and water? I am concerned that drenching the pot w/ something like this might damage or coat the roots.

I suppose I could spray the plant, but ants cant really harm the leaves of a ponytail, and lots of cute lizards like to call it home, so I am reluctant to do this method of control. However, where I live requires that the ponytail be overwintered in a greenhouse here(too cold, it would get frost damage) and I will need to move it soon. I would rather not move the ants, too. Anyone tried any of these productd to DRENCH a plant in a pot? Any other suggestions? Anyone know the beer 'recipe' I am referring to? BTW, if you think you have seen this posting recently, I also posted this to the Cactus/Succulents Forum too. Thanx, Steph

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions