Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wilmington_islander

My cassia is blooming it's fool head off!

too bad Ai am a bit of a tecfho idiot and can't use a brand new, perfectly good digital camera I have...its magnificient ( the cassia that is!)

Comments (6)

• PeaBee4
    20 years ago

Mine is just starting! I sure hope we don't have an early frost. I love 'em

I know that they can be started from seed, but do you know if you can root cuttings??

If so, when? Maybe when they finish blooming?

• wilmington_islander
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Sorry! I have no idea about the cassia, just admired a neighbors from last year and just had to have one.

• Randy Ritchie
    20 years ago

That is so cool, Wilmington Islander! I got my webcam ready, just give me the word!

jeribelle

• wilmington_islander
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Cool parrots! I used to habe a mitred conure as a kid, but one day he chewed TROUGH a screened in porch...and flew South. Hope it he made it to at least Daytona before the winter hit. Oh well! I live in the Olde Towne Subdivision...we really do need to have a an Island GW get together lunch or drink sometime...Did I promise you a Passionfruit seedling? Got one left that isn't spoken for!

• Randy Ritchie
    20 years ago

Awe, the poor baby birdy...I know what you mean about them escaping tho. The cockatoo blew clean through a screened window one day - just flew right through it, leaving a great big rip. Found him in a bush right by the window, and he stepped up just sweet as could be when I went to retrieve him.
    > We really do need to have a an Island GW get together lunch or drink sometime
    >

Absolutely, would be alot of fun! Maybe we can grab Carolyn, another GWer, transplanted to Savannah.

>Did I promise you a Passionfruit seedling? Got one left that isn't spoken for!
    > Oh, yes, I think I do remember you mentioning that, and I'd love to have one! Then I have to learn how to spice up some beverage with the fruit, like a good southern woman, lol.

I've got about a month left in the semester, then look out world, I'm celebrating!

girlsaylor

• wilmington_islander
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Drinks sounds good.. you can do so many things with passionfruit, but my tastes are pedestrian enough that I only make passionade ( pulp, water, sugar) or passionfruit daiguiris ( all of the above but with liberal amounts of rum). Got to go to Hilton Head and spend Monday night, but am free to drop off your seedling sometime this week. You can email me your address or whatever. Have a good one!