Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tabassam

What's blooming right now?

tabassam
20 years ago

Wonderful weather here right now, I wish it would last forever. Been busy rearranging plants and admiring those that are in bloom. Just wondering what's going on in your garden.

Right now these are blooming: Clerodendrum Ugandese and Speciosissimum, Justicia Cranea, Sedum 'Autumn Joy,' Salvia's Indigo Spires, Anthony Parker, Forest Fire, white coc., Saffire Sage, yellow sprimp plant, Phillipine violet, Linde Armstrong cleome, pentas, moon flower, plumbago, skullcap, and batface cuphea.

Comments (10)

• Joyce Knight
    20 years ago

Hi Tabby, Do you live at the Naval Weapon's Station in Goose Creek? I was just wondering, because I live in a neighborhood across the road from it. Blooming in my yard are butterfly bushes, moonflowers, sedum,azaleas, lantanas,cypress vine,and some morning glories. I had a beautiful canna garden this summer, but they are starting to die back a little now. Joyce

• Micimacko
    20 years ago

Roses! I could not wait for the fall display...
    The rest in no particular order: Brugmansias, Tibouchinas, Dahlias, Gerber Daisy, Angelonia, Verbena, Plumbagoes, Salvia (Russian, Victoria, Black&Blue, Argenitne Skies), Bush Honeysuckle, Justicia, Callistemon, Gardenias, Turk's cup, Fuchisa, Oxalis, Abessyn Gladiolus, Lycoris, Gauras, Browlais, Torenia, 4 o'clock, Duranta, Chaste tree, Japenese Anemone, Cat's whiskers, Sedum, Abutilon, Hyacinth bean, Moonflower, Hibiscus (hard and tropiiclas), Clerodendron Ugandese, Osteospermums, Rose of Sharon

• Micimacko
    20 years ago

I forgot: most of my clematises started to rebloom.

• marshgirl
    20 years ago

My encore azaleas are blooming, Whoo-Hoo! After I planted them this summer several people told me they were a waste of money and don't bloom well. I must have the azalea mo-jo 'coz they look great!

There were several hurricane plants that blooming in my yard last week I have lived here three years and this is the first year I have seen them. In fact, I didn't even know what they were at first. I stumbled across some info on them on the Floridata website a few days ago and discovered thier amazing life history. Of course, DD age 5 has already picked all the flowers so I have no idea where the bulbs are. I'd like to dig them up and put them in my garden.

My ixora is blooming too!

• ankraras
    20 years ago

Weather has been cooling down a bit around here too. The weather report is forecasting rain for today and tomorrow, Yeh! It is now nice enough that we actually tremendously enjoy setting out with out sweat rolling in our eyes. lol

At our house, I was quite surprise to find 2 of the Ariocarpus in full bloom. Others that are still blooming are;-

Discocactus, Astrophytum, Echinopis, Melocactus, Sansevieria, Euphorbia, Basil, Punica, Bougainvillea, Severinia, Carissa, Hibiscus, Ceraria, Carmona, Ixora, Malpighia, Correa, and I am so delighted that the Brasilwood I started from seed is abundantly blooming for the first time thou, I had to emerge my nose into the bloom in order to detect the
    lightly sweet scent.

Our forever standby blooming are Orange Jasmine and Jasmine sambac.

Ankrara's Hobby Corner

• Blooming_annie
    20 years ago

Blooming right now: roses- butterfly, caldwell pink, knockout, blush noisette, nearly wild, martha gonzales, Lovely Fairy, Fairy, Bonica. Russian Sage, Mexican Bush Sage, Lantana, Blue Daze, verbena bodanensis (sp), phlox carolinia, blue plumbago, hyacinth bean, yellow butterfly weed, black and blue salvia, salvia van houtti, red pentas, coneflower, golden dewdrop.

And blooming in my "annex" garden (neighborhood entrance that I've taken over): candy corn cuphea, stella d'oros and happy return daylilies, the pink and purple upright cuphea, ruellia elegans, Katie ruellia, balloon flower, and others that I can't remember!

I love hearing what everyone has blooming- it is great info!

• idixierose
    20 years ago

Wow -- y'all grow some exotic stuff.

My list: Zinnias, impatiens, angel trumpet, Coral Nymph sage, coleus, vinca, stevia, rudbeckia, wheat celosia, cannas, penta, hibiscus, blackeyed Susan vine, blue morning glory, lots of varieties of roses, ruellias, hidden lily, several kinds of basil

• wilmington_islander
    20 years ago

Red shrimp plant, burgundy shrimp plant, yellow shrimp plant, purple bougainvillea. pine cone ginger lily, encore azaleas, stella de oro daylily, tea olive, double candida white and Dr. Seuss brugmansias, raja puri banana, blue passionflower, purple incense passionflower, elephant ears, tea camellia, monkey grass, coleus, hydrangea, mexican red papaya, 4 different hibiscuses, moonflower vine, mums, and I think thats it!

• Jeanni
    20 years ago

Let's see...quite a bit is still blooming out there: night blooming jasmine, swamp jasmine, royal jasmine, maid of orleans jasmine, brugmansia, torenia, verbena, portulaca, bougainvilla, all the roses, honeysuckle, clematis, golden shrimp plant, double impatiens are still going strong, tibochina, duranta, tea olive (what a fragrance!), hibiscus, abutilon, plumbago, nemisia, diascia, rose of sharon, dianthus, purple fountain grass, mandevilla, coreopsis, and society garlic. I believe that's everything.

Hopefully the colder weather will hold off so we can enough all the blooms even more.

Jeanni

• hnwillis
    20 years ago

Charleston here... Tibochina granulosa, Butterfly Ginger, Turks Caps are finishing and Ever-blooming Azaleas. My Otocanthus Brazilian Snapdragon is blooming like crazy. I got it at the Charleston Fall Garden Show.

hn ;)

Sponsored
More Discussions