Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Seeds

Posted by atravers zone 5 (atravers@snet.net) on
Fri, Aug 13, 04 at 15:01

Could someone help identify these seeds for me? I know I picked them but I forgot what plant they're from. Obviously doing too much seed saving lately :)

Thanks in advance.

Image link: Mystery Seeds (31 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Seeds

Some sort of penstemmon?

o

Certainly not penstemon. The seed capsules of penstemon are hard and woody, oval, and arranged in opposite fashion up the stem. Each capsule is divided in half; each half comes to a sharp point, often with a curve at the tip.

o

Looks like foxglove seed and pods.
Cheri

o

Looks like petunia to me.

o

Oh, the woes of us seed savers. Gathering, and forgetting to label, thinking we will do so later. Most of us have done that. Does not look like foxglove to me, I gather those all the time. Also does not look like petunia. Maybe Trudi from the site can help you on that one.
Darlene.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here