Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seed ID for 'bush Morning Glory'

Posted by beth_b_Kodiak MD Zone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 8, 05 at 11:01

Someone sent me seed labled as "bush Morning Glory". They are cute little hairy things.
I just ordered "bush Morning Glory" from T&M and they are not hairy at all. They look more like regular MG only miniature.
Anyone have any idea what these others might be??? What else do people call Morning Glories besides the real thing???
I'll plant afew eventually just to see but if I can ID them I might want to plant more.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seed ID for 'bush Morning Glory'

Hi Beth
The thought that came to my mind was CONVOLVULUS minor. It is a downy plant that is related to the morning glory family.

o

Hmmmmm, cute little hairy things called 'bush morning glory'? I was just thinking I'd never seen a hairy MG seed, when it dawned on me: someone sent me 'lavender/pink moon vine' seeds which are strangely hairy, Ipomoea macrorhiza, aka longstemmed morning glory. Is this it, by chance?

o

I got some last year and finally found the botanical name (I think) Ipomoea Carnea ssp Fistula. The frost killed them before the seed had a chance to mature in my Vriginia garden last year.

Kathy

o

• Posted by Trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 24, 05 at 12:05

They ARE cute little hairy seeds. You got what you traded for.

Trudi

o

Paddle and Trudi are correct, they are not the ones shown in the pic. They are very cute, like tiny little mice, add two eyes!!
I've never grown from seed as cuttings here are much easier but I collect it when its available.

o

Thanks to all of you for the research and feedback. Aren't they cute little things??? I'm anxious to see the flowers too. Beth B

o

Remember those Furbies that kids used to have? Don't they look just like that?

YES they are cute!

o

This is the Bush Morning Glory in my back yard. The seeds are indeed hairy cute things!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This plant is about 5 years old.

Janie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here