Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Primrose seeds, where are they and what do they look like?

Posted by plantsofheaven PA/18088 (plantsofheaven@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 19:35

I have 6 primrose that I crossed with each other but where are the seeds. I pick the dead heads off but I can not find the seeds. Please help! They are the primroses usually found at grocery stores this time of year. Not sure of scientific name. If you want a picture because you do not know the kind I am talking about let me know. Also would appreciate the scientific name if you know.
Thanks
Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Primrose seeds, where are they and what do they look like?

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 16, 06 at 9:25

Hi Mike,
Primrose flowers are different between plants. In the center of the flower they are like innie or outie belly buttons, lol, that is the best I know for a description. It is a very tiny difference. So you need to make sure you are using two plants with the different centers to get seeds.
I'm not sure what you mean by picking the dead heads off. I would just let the flower be until the seeds are ripe.
The link below has what the unripe seed pod looks like. Also on the site on another page is what the ripe pod and seeds look like.
Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Unripe seeds pods

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here