Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I save seeds?

Posted by erdnuss 65803 (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 08 at 21:20

For most of my plants I'll be saving, I know how to collect the seeds. It seems every where I've looked to find out how to save seeds, I just find info on how to collect them from the plant/flower...
What I'd like to know is the "after collecting" stage. Do I need to let seeds dry out after I've removed them from the plant before I place them in an air tight bag/container in a cool place? If I am suppose to dry them, how do I do this? Lay them out on a tray for a few days?
Or can I go straight from plant to cool storage with out actually drying them. Please let me know, thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I save seeds?

http://www.farmradio.org/english/radio-scripts/42-2script_en.asp

Quote from the link: There are three rules for storing seeds so that they will grow well in the following season.

Make sure the seeds are well dried before you store them.
Store them in the coolest place possible.
Protect the seeds from moisture.

Lots more to the article at the link!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here